5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Angel Eyes Upgrade.... Options? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/angel-eyes-upgrade-options-127826/)

BlaSTiWi 11-20-2012 10:15 AM

:welcome: to the forum!

The OP has an LCI ('08+) model w/ halogen headlight so not the same as what you are looking for.

As a suggestion instead of guessing on such product(s) try contact John@Motorcepts for any lights mods.

Just don't put up your hope to much as pre-LCI AE ring will not be visible during the day unlike the LCI version especially using LED.

Of course moving away from just standard bulb replacement a fully modified AE nothing compare of using Orion which is the way to go.

GL!

Originally Posted by hyl768s (Post 1479280)
I'm also looking for the upgrade for my 2005 545i and here is what I found BMW E39 E60 E61 M5 E83 Angel Eyes LED Markers White 2 x 10WATTS Real 10 Watt | eBay

I tried to contact the seller, but no respond. Either they are busy to hunt turky or they are just lame.. The LED unit looks nice though. Having big heatsink will prolong the life of LED, but not really sure if it will be very tight fit or how the installation should be.

sleeperlbz 12-26-2012 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by D3aThRoW (Post 1479247)
that link, its overseas... will it work for MY car?
i have seen some parts mention, "Australia BMW's only" and so forth...

Did you end up trying these or finding anything else out? If I cant find any other options I'm going to order them.
I want to ditch the yellow AEs, but I don't care about brightness. And I'm not trying to drop a grand on the Xenon conversion either.

D3aThRoW 01-03-2013 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by sleeperlbz (Post 1484073)
Did you end up trying these or finding anything else out? If I cant find any other options I'm going to order them.
I want to ditch the yellow AEs, but I don't care about brightness. And I'm not trying to drop a grand on the Xenon conversion either.

Shit! sorry for the late response... YES!!! that link worked. i got them in, they were Plug-n-Play!
Now, a few notes...
1) it DID change the color of the AE's. like the description in the link states.
2) it IS plug n play with no hassle.
3) is IS NOT bright.

Now, for many people on this forum they want ULTRA bright for there AE's.
these are not. I PERSONALLY just wanted to change the color.
i will post pics tonight.

Edziuman 01-03-2013 07:06 AM

Have you by chance noticed any interference w your radio while having the AE's on? I bought a pair off ebay and now get crap static on the radio when I have them on... I looked at some old threads and it appears that alot of people do have this issue. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and whether going with a complete swap like the Orions takes care of the RFI issue?

D3aThRoW 01-03-2013 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Edziuman (Post 1484929)
Have you by chance noticed any interference w your radio while having the AE's on? I bought a pair off ebay and now get crap static on the radio when I have them on... I looked at some old threads and it appears that alot of people do have this issue. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and whether going with a complete swap like the Orions takes care of the RFI issue?

This set that i bought, no interference. BUT!!! i did just notice THIS weekend, when i turn on the car, with nothing on like the radio, the AE's started to flicker....
BUT, im in the trouble shooting stage as i just installed HID's and a Bluetooth wireless receiver. ill let you know.

Edziuman 01-03-2013 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by D3aThRoW (Post 1484966)
This set that i bought, no interference. BUT!!! i did just notice THIS weekend, when i turn on the car, with nothing on like the radio, the AE's started to flicker....
BUT, im in the trouble shooting stage as i just installed HID's and a Bluetooth wireless receiver. ill let you know.

Mine didn't have interfenence when I was in the city except for just a little bit when I paid close attention...it's when I got about 10 miles outside the city where I would still typically get clear signal that I got the degredation/static.... I wouldn't worry about the flickering...that is just the CANBUS doing a check at start up. As long as they dont continue to flicker longer than a few seconds this should be no problem. I read somewhere that some people were using AE's with Cree XM-L LEDs and had very bright outcome during the day with little interference. I'm not sure what part of the AE is causing the RFI in my case but its really bugging the hell out of me... maybe I wont care as much once I get an aux input installed so I can listen to pandora and such again....

Johnp69 01-03-2013 05:44 PM

Op what hid's did you go with? I want to replace mine as well. Some pics of both would be nice!

Edziuman 01-04-2013 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by D3aThRoW (Post 1484966)

FYI found out a little more info on where the static comes from on some of the AE's.

"Creed LED which usually 3.6V which needs current limiting circuit, like resistor but that's too crude so some design "current source" to limit the current. This circuit is DC-DC converter which running @400KHZ or higher for efficiency (less heat). The latter can create interference with radio due to lower/upper harmonics.

mark_hk 01-12-2013 02:50 AM

i have pre LCI halogen and need ideas/options to change from my standard "yellow" angel eye and lights to bright, white/HID...

anyone can help???

sleeperlbz 03-30-2013 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by D3aThRoW (Post 1484924)
Shit! sorry for the late response... YES!!! that link worked. i got them in, they were Plug-n-Play!
Now, a few notes...
1) it DID change the color of the AE's. like the description in the link states.
2) it IS plug n play with no hassle.
3) is IS NOT bright.

Now, for many people on this forum they want ULTRA bright for there AE's.
these are not. I PERSONALLY just wanted to change the color.
i will post pics tonight.

I just got mine installed. They are definitely not bright. I think the OEM bulbs are brighter. They also have poor fitment on the electrical connectors. I could not get the plugs to stay together without some electrical tape. In the daytime they are barely visible. I hope they look better at night. I'm going to order the MTec HID conversion this week and see how that looks. I may just end up having to bite the bullet and get a set of OEM Bi-Xenon for the look I want.

There's a little fog on them from being in my house, but yinz get the idea.
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/o...pseb37c56f.jpg
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4b736d35.jpg

I'll get some night time pics later.