E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Angel eyes on non BMW?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you guys think of this? I am noticing more and more cars roll out with Halos. For example the new camaro and the range rovers. Some of you as you guys know I recently got a 2008 Acura TL. I can get umnitza orion halos for my TL but I think I will be a poser.

I had a big argument with some of the members on the Acura forum...I called a guy a BMW poser for having angel eyes lights on his TL.

So I am confused if I should get them or not. What do you guys think about cars with angel eyes?
Old 04-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
What do you guys think of this? I am noticing more and more cars roll out with Halos. For example the new camaro and the range rovers. Some of you as you guys know I recently got a 2008 Acura TL. I can get umnitza orion halos for my TL but I think I will be a poser.

I had a big argument with some of the members on the Acura forum...I called a guy a BMW poser for having angel eyes lights on his TL.

So I am confused if I should get them or not. What do you guys think about cars with angel eyes?
I personally think it wouldn't look good on the TL. I like the headlights on it now,but the camaro's halos go pretty well with the car.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Contributors

I had Angel eyes installed on my sister's 02 Honda Accord coupe. Now that I have a BMW, I wish I hadn't. I also had spinners on it too.

2 for 1.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

WHo cares what people say? If you like it, then get it. But definitely BMW POSER!! LOL. Just like we wouldn't add LED strips around our headlights.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I think on some headlights is fitting. If it complements the design, then sure -- why not? But then again, I have the nonchalant, free for all attitude.

Though if they are going to put angel eyes on, it better be some good shit.

Last year, I saw an old Integra with it. It's pretty fitting, considering the four lights that Integras have. However, it was poorly executed, and dim like crap. If it was stunning, it's one thing, but that made me lulz.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Senior Members

Before I had a Bimmer I thought it was cool mod on some cars......Now that I have the 5 I hate seeing it, Ive seen it on Lexus and Hondas.But remember imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Just lets not see BMW guys adding those Audi leds on the bottom of the lights!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

Thanks to Google I found the topic Orange was talking about and appearently this is a hot topic over there. They have locked topics over the arguements that have started over the look and everything about it. I think its pretty funny, I have the link if anyone wants to read it. My views are that its the car's trademark, like the kidney grills, and its just somebody trying to copy the look of BMW. At the same time its not my car nor my money. If i saw something like this on the street I would look and maybe think I wouldn't do it.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ETNav382
Thanks to Google I found the topic Orange was talking about and appearently this is a hot topic over there. They have locked topics over the arguements that have started over the look and everything about it. I think its pretty funny, I have the link if anyone wants to read it. My views are that its the car's trademark, like the kidney grills, and its just somebody trying to copy the look of BMW. At the same time its not my car nor my money. If i saw something like this on the street I would look and maybe think I wouldn't do it.
Ya very hot topic. The people against the idea of angel eyes on non bmw car either have a BMW or had one in the past. One guy had audi LED strips and angle eyes on his car. I said his must be a confused Kia LOL.

It may look cool but I have decided against it. I already have my E60 and when I upgrade my angel eyes I can justify that because it is a BMW ....but for my Acura...no. I am just going to black out my TL headlights to get rid of the amber and thats it.

I see angel eyes on lifted trucks and that just looks dumb LOL.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Senior Members

Old 04-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i | sliver grey metallic | SMG trans | sports package | premium | cold weather | HUD | navi | PDC | sunshades | logic 7 | Ipod | MODS - (Mtech v2 angels )(8000k headlights and fogs)( Full Xenon kit) (///M shifter) (LCI u.s spec tails) (285/30/20 & 255/30/20 beyern baroque 3pc rims) 03 FX45 AWD | silver| sports package| premium package| (WIFE) (sold)06 330i | cherry red | sports package| premium | cold weather | logic 7 | Ipod | ( WIFE )

LED strips on every car have to stop

Quick Reply: Angel eyes on non BMW?