E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

This is AMAZING guys-take the time to read

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I am sorry for the repost but I just got back with my head litterally spinning in joy. Like I posted in a thread I did a cutout-approx 3 inches in diameter in my fender wall that is right under my intake box of the AFE intake. I put a pvc pipe in the hole to lead to the area under the fender.

Noticed immediate results-very much so. Then drove fair amount and computer definetly "learned" and compensated and felt even better. Well I measured some 0-60s with the gmeter in 90 degree weather and I posted the times on a different thread. basically best time was a 5.8ish

Well I figured-why not get MORE air coming in-so I increased the size of the hole and fit approx a 4 inch diamter pvc pipe and this time it angled perfectly right directed to the cone filter-almost touching it-so all that cold air is going right at the filter. I drove again for quite awhile and after this noticed my gas milage go down and that means my car ws definetly burning more fuel with all this new O2

Let the car cool down-ws about 85-90 after a few hours. Took the g meter-and was in shock. Consistently 3 runs I sprinted to 60 in 5.58s. Each three runs were in the 5.5s. I was utterly amazed and not shocked though since the car just felt like it was pulling so hard.

This is HUGE guys-I dont care if you all hate me or dont believe me or whatever-but I started with this 530 thinking it was really annoyingly slow-especially off the line. After many mods and thinking this car I can honestly say is quite a bullet.

Anyone with an AFE or open intake PLEASE try this EASILY reverisble mod. All you do is patch back the hole. I included to pics from my cam phone but this is truly amazing. The 550 goes to 60 in 5.4 seconds and to be at 5.5 in 90 degree weather-truly amazing what loads of O2 can do.

BY far the best mod for the dough. Only thing that sucks is gas mileage goes down quite a bit if you drive hard but I was driving hard all night.

Anywaysorry for the repost but this HAD to be heard by the 530 guys. Still in shock at what a fast car that mod made.

Wow my head is still in shock-what a ride-FAST guys-FAST
Attached Thumbnails This is AMAZING guys-take the time to read-image027.jpg   This is AMAZING guys-take the time to read-image028.jpg