E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aluminum Interior Trim

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2001 BMW M3 Titanium Silver/ Black

Many of us are interested in replacing the wood trim with an Aluminum look. When I posted pics of my 530, a few ask me to price them the New Trim. BMW now has the real alluminum trim (the only conversion we've done in Nashville was last year, and the parts were to plastic looking IMO, Now we have different parts).

I can ship the parts to you for $650.00 (U.S. Dollars). The parts kit has the name "alluminum Feinschliff"
My shop would charge 4.5 hrs labor @ $90/hr., but I would negotiate with your favorite Service Writer.

Let me know if I can be of any help.
And BMW has 2 other options besides 'brushed alluminum', a silver-cubed and a anthracite cubed. I haven't seen them yet but I oredered a piece of both to see what they look like.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:06 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW545i MY2005– **** Picked up on 4/10/2005...built on 3/12/05 Yeaaa**Silver gray metallic, dakota leather black, poplar wood trim, wheels 19 Redinenger with PS2's, adaptive xenon headlights, sports suspension, park distance control, comfort seats, heat seating, heated steering wheel,rear heated seats, Ill door sills, head up display, navigation Logic 7, 6 cd changer, fold down rear seats, skibag, bluetooth motorla V551, Eisemann Race exhaust, pedal kit, hard wired V1,NAVTV ubnit Lidatech,

what are the part numbers and how hard it it to install your self? by the way i bought my first BMW from BMW of Nashville and my second one also i used to live there.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2001 BMW M3 Titanium Silver/ Black

Originally Posted by 545/2005' date='Apr 5 2005, 12:06 PM
what are the part numbers and how hard it it to install your self?? by the way i bought my first BMW from BMW of Nashville and my second one also i used to live there.
[snapback]111461[/snapback]
I'll work on getting all the part numbers, but I wouldn't try to install yourself. You have to take all 4 door panels off. I would work with your local dealer or call me if you can get to Nashville and I'll get you an E60.net hook-up.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by 545/2005' date='Apr 5 2005, 12:06 PM
what are the part numbers and how hard it it to install your self?? by the way i bought my first BMW from BMW of Nashville and my second one also i used to live there.
[snapback]111461[/snapback]
Welcome abroad, 545/2005 !
Old 04-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

I doubt it takes so long to remove and install the trims...
Old 04-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Contributors

I did the change of trim and posted a pic in this forum. It does take that long to change trim on the doors and center console. The rest IS trivial.
I was very pleased wth the results because I have grey interior.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMWofNashville' date='Apr 5 2005, 10:59 AM
Many of us are interested in replacing the wood trim with an Aluminum look.? When I posted pics of my 530, a few ask me to price them the New Trim.? BMW now has the real alluminum trim (the only conversion we've done in Nashville was last year, and the parts were to plastic looking IMO, Now we have different parts).

I can ship the parts to you for $650.00 (U.S. Dollars).? The parts kit has the name "alluminum Feinschliff"
My shop would charge 4.5 hrs labor @ $90/hr., but I would negotiate with your favorite Service Writer.?

Let me know if I can be of any help.
And BMW has 2 other options besides 'brushed alluminum', a silver-cubed and a anthracite cubed.? I haven't seen them yet but I oredered a piece of both to see what they look like.
[snapback]111459[/snapback]

I wanted to buy these "Alu Feinschlief" trims when I did my Euro Delivery last November but the main delaer in Munich did not have it in stock and said they could get it in 1-2 days. I was leaving the next day and was not able to get it. You said that it is a "kit"? At that time it was only available as individual parts and not as a kit and the trim below the cd and DVD drives was not available in Feinschlief (only gray and Black). So, is it available as a kit now? And is the trim below the CD/DVD drives available in Alu Feinschlief yet? What about the trim that goes at the back of the center console?
Old 04-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, 545/2005 !
Old 04-06-2005, 01:48 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

[quote name='BMWofNashville' date='Apr 5 2005, 11:59 AM']
Many of us are interested in replacing the wood trim with an Aluminum look. When I posted pics of my 530, a few ask me to price them the New Trim. BMW now has the real alluminum trim (the only conversion we've done in Nashville was last year, and the parts were to plastic looking IMO, Now we have different parts).

In the uk the aluminum trim i've got isAluminum Interior Trim-picture_008.jpg called Aluminum cube which is standerd on the sports models
Old 04-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW545i MY2005– **** Picked up on 4/10/2005...built on 3/12/05 Yeaaa**Silver gray metallic, dakota leather black, poplar wood trim, wheels 19 Redinenger with PS2's, adaptive xenon headlights, sports suspension, park distance control, comfort seats, heat seating, heated steering wheel,rear heated seats, Ill door sills, head up display, navigation Logic 7, 6 cd changer, fold down rear seats, skibag, bluetooth motorla V551, Eisemann Race exhaust, pedal kit, hard wired V1,NAVTV ubnit Lidatech,

thx for the welcome gentlemen

Quick Reply: Aluminum Interior Trim