E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Alu Cube Pure Interior Strips

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005 | 12:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by anlauf' date='Jun 18 2005, 12:21 PM
I addressed the VPC issue with BMW prior to departure.

I tried 3 dealers in the N. CA area for the Al Cube trim...none could/would order as they indicated the parts are NOT valid US part numbers (don't know why they would tell me no if the parts were orderable)...they are in the system but cannot be ordered.?

The price in DE is about 320 Euros....times 1.20 $/Euro = $380 USD.

Install is estimated at 2 hrs.

BTW, your M-technik aero package looks great...that will be next after it gets to the US.
[snapback]140737[/snapback]

So then BMW told you that the VPC will not mess with your ALU CUBE trim?

Here's the link to the post that I was referring to. Someone from BMW of Nashville was offering to sell the ALU Feinschliff for $650 and said that the ALU CUBE was also available. That is pretty much the same prices that I got from Niederlassung in Munich during my ED. That includes the four door handle trims as well.

>>>>>Here's the link to that post<<<<<

Are you sure they are giving you the door handle trims as well for 320 Euro??? The reason I ask is that Niederlassung told me somthing in the upper 200's for all the dash and console pieces and around 550 Euro for those pieces AND the door handle trims together.....but that was for the ALU Feinschliff......and at the time the trim piece below the CD/DVD drives was not available in Feinschliff, so the price did not include that piece.
Old 06-26-2005 | 12:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530 manual Sport, NAV, Premium, Sirius, Shades, Split Seat, Al Cube trim

Well it's the day before ED drop off...and the trim is installed. The cost of the hardware ended up being ~450 Euros with all dash parts/pieces (including 4 door handles). I am VERY happy with this addition. To my taste, the black interior with black poplar was just too much black...now the interior has some texture and contrast. It met with my wife's approval (designer #1) and that says more than I can say.

The install (labor) was not inexpensive...another 400 Euros...but these guys did a beautiful job and I was able to pick the car up and pay for it at 11PM. What US dealer would do that?

According to BMWUSA, interior mods are not a problem....electrical or mechanical issues are a BIG problem.

I'll post on this topic after I receive the car in California in about 8 weeks.
Old 06-28-2005 | 03:22 PM
Contributors

sounds great, post some pix when you get the car
Old 06-28-2005 | 09:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by anlauf' date='Jun 26 2005, 02:04 PM
According to BMWUSA, interior mods are not a problem....electrical or mechanical issues are a BIG problem.?

I'll post on this topic after I receive the car in California in about 8 weeks.
[snapback]143182[/snapback]

That's good to know about the interior mods. Who did you contact at BMW NA to get that information from?

The wait for redelivery in California can be hard. I've had it be as short as 5.5 weeks once, but with my 545i it took EXACTLY 8 weeks from my dropoff to the time it arrived at my dealer. For some reason this time it took almost 3 weeks for the car to finally leave the port in Germany.

By the way BMW NA and the dealer were useless when I tried to find out what ship the car was on. The only people who had a clue were the people at Harms in Munich. I emailed them asking which ship it was on and got the answer back within a couple of hours. Unfortunately it was not a Wallenius Wilhelmsen ship, so I could not track it online.
Old 07-01-2005 | 02:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530 manual Sport, NAV, Premium, Sirius, Shades, Split Seat, Al Cube trim

I made a promise not to reveal the person in NJ who helped me...you might imagine how many emails that bit of info could result in. Suffice to say that I am not anticipating any issues with the trim. I will do the aero package in the US...although I am going to find out tomorrow at Niederlassung Munchen, what the side skirts cost separately.