E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Alpine vehiclehub Installation pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='402482' date='Mar 14 2007, 04:32 AM
Im extremely sorry for the delay to post the pics. well im sort of done..i still need to hook up my alpine dvd changer, alpine processor, alpine amps, and jl subs.
thanks for all the help guys. if u hacve question, im here to help.
Hi Nelson, I want to have a similar install in my new 5-series. But I have some questions, maybe you know the answers:
1. If you are switching to the video-input which displays the screen of the hub and you are listening to you ipod for instance, will you here through your speakers the telephone or the nav-voice of the BMW -navigation? Or do you have to switch back to the factory system for that?

2. Do you use volume knob of the factoty system to change volume of do need to use the hub-remote for that?

3. Do you have a multifunctional steering wheel? If so, do the volume controls also work in the hub AND on the factory system?

Thanks in advance,
Erik, the Netherlands.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:25 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by Erikje' post='460383' date='Aug 20 2007, 04:10 AM
Hi Nelson, I want to have a similar install in my new 5-series. But I have some questions, maybe you know the answers:
1. If you are switching to the video-input which displays the screen of the hub and you are listening to you ipod for instance, will you here through your speakers the telephone or the nav-voice of the BMW -navigation? Or do you have to switch back to the factory system for that?

2. Do you use volume knob of the factoty system to change volume of do need to use the hub-remote for that?

3. Do you have a multifunctional steering wheel? If so, do the volume controls also work in the hub AND on the factory system?

Thanks in advance,
Erik, the Netherlands.
Hi Erick.
for the fist question, you have to switch back to factory screen if you want to do hear the nav voice.
2. you can only use the volume knob on the factory system if you playing a cd from the factory system. if you using your ipod thru the hub the will have to use the hub controller.
3.i have a multi functional steering wheels. no it doesnt. you can only use the steering wheel controls on the factory system. PAC have a harness for that but i havent mess with it yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-SWI-ALP-Alpine-JVC-Kenwood-Steering-Wheel-Interface_W0QQitemZ170140904922QQihZ007QQcategoryZ60208QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQmdZViewItem
Old 08-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='460436' date='Aug 20 2007, 04:25 PM
Hi Erick.
for the fist question, you have to switch back to factory screen if you want to do hear the nav voice.
2. you can only use the volume knob on the factory system if you playing a cd from the factory system. if you using your ipod thru the hub the will have to use the hub controller.
3.i have a multi functional steering wheels. no it doesnt. you can only use the steering wheel controls on the factory system. PAC have a harness for that but i havent mess with it yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-SWI-ALP-Alpine-JVC...1QQcmdZViewItem
Thanks for you fast answer.
Regarding 1: that's really bad :-( I do not see me switching back to the BMW-nav to hear the voice. I furthermore realise now that, while playing a DVD I will not be able to see the map... Currently I'm using the Kenwood DDX8027 that has this feature and it's perfect. This could mean that I will have to add an Alpine nav-unit... even more $$$$. Or can I connect the factory NAV video output signal to an video input on the VH pro?

Regarding 3: I wonder if I use this PAC-thing I still will be able to both control the factory system AND the Alpine system. It seems to me that adding it will mean I will loose the connection between the SW-knobs and the factory system.

Anyway, thanks!
Old 08-20-2007, 07:45 AM
Members

I checked the manual: . On page 16 and page 31 it seems that it is possible to let the NAV interrupt another source connected to the VH pro.