E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ALPINA LOOK

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW-Alpina B5 Touring #007, Malachite Green w/ Caramel Individual interior 1999 BMW 840Ci Sport Individual, Techno Violet w/ Champagne Individual interior

Originally Posted by gramprass' post='339273' date='Sep 27 2006, 07:28 PM
dammit, you guys are so discouraging :'( ok, maybe ill leave it shaved, but replace the emblems. and a few other stuff, not doing all at the same time. ill post pics along the way. maybe ill get custom leather , layered or however, I got hookups in other countries where they can cut a new goat to make my leather if needed! just kidding , I konw the feel wont be the same, ill try my best and update all ....
Just get some top-grade Bridge of Weir leather and pretend you have an Aston Martin interior!

I'm afraid I'm not going to sell my ALPINA or B5 letters to anyone. You CAN buy the genuine ALPINA letters from the company (and from its US parts distributors), even if you don't have an Alpina.

The smart thing to do here is fit the Alpina wheels and aero kit (if it's cheaper, just the airdam, spoiler and diffuser, then use M-Sport side skirts, as they're identical), leave the BMW badges and, if you really must, get a genuine ALPINA letter set for the tail.

You might also want slightly bigger oval tailpipes!
Old 09-28-2006, 12:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by gramprass' post='339273' date='Sep 27 2006, 08:28 PM
dammit, you guys are so discouraging :'( ok, maybe ill leave it shaved, but replace the emblems. and a few other stuff, not doing all at the same time. ill post pics along the way. maybe ill get custom leather , layered or however, I got hookups in other countries where they can cut a new goat to make my leather if needed! just kidding , I konw the feel wont be the same, ill try my best and update all ....
at least buy the orig 19" wheels around 6000? or try ebay there are some in ebay.de

then buy leather from supplier of Alpina or BMW and thx to the fact that your profile is so detailed got no clue which leather you have but make it two tone.

Another thing, do not copy the "stereotype" Alpina, Alpina also has like 100s of leathers and some other nice stuff so whatever you make as individual work you wil be happy with that and if you get the parts, wheels and badges you can pretend as a B5er but never race anybody bigger than you just act that you are a gentleman who does NOT street race that is why you drive a classy Alpina def, show here the process and pics
Old 09-28-2006, 05:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Alpina is super old school like those AMG Hammerblocks on a 560sel
Old 09-28-2006, 06:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by gramprass' post='339218' date='Sep 28 2006, 12:11 AM
Hi all

First of all, I have a 2007 E60 and never have posted topics so i guess i am new lol , anyway s
i am going for the alpina look, i already have the hood and trunk and the steering wheel , also having the pinstripes done by a friend (pro), i have #95 wheels 19 , with exclaim UHP, so i am thinking leave the bmw logo in the wheels, ordered alpina and B5 emblems.

what you guys think, i might also do some interior mods to look alpina .... and yes i know it wont drive like one but i think it still might look cool

already did

subs, 3M clear bra, add on two way alarm monitor, also looking to add lip spoiler, cant make up my mind on that.. opinions appreciated
Ya go for it I like the looks of the Alpina, shame that I can not get this in Hong Kong but I am a AC fan.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hythe' post='339224' date='Sep 28 2006, 12:24 AM
What do you mean by the hood? The hood of the B5 is standard E60 (without any insulation). Also, where did you get an Alpina steering wheel from, likewise the emblems? I presume these are reproduction parts, although Alpina is very aggressive in its litigation against copyright infringement.

Alpina interior mods - tricky, since they mostly involve retrimming. Maybe the Alpina door mats and kickplates.

In theory, you could even modify your key - the Alpina one has a plastic Alpina crest in the middle, not a BMW propeller, and of course the Alpina keyring.
I think these will be reps just like my AC`s
Old 09-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hythe' post='339241' date='Sep 28 2006, 12:55 AM
No, but whoever sold you that logo can be sued by Alpina.

I still have my Alpina and B5 letters, stuck in one of the storage bins - they started putting them on as I was picking up the car at the factory, but I asked them to leave them off. They also played around with the pinstripes on my car, before I got there - tried gold before the silver, to see if it looked any better!

BTW, the pinstripes are a notorious nightmare to apply yourself.
I am a designer myself so I don`t like copys but trying to sue HK or China, I think they will have no luck doing it because if they can close 1 shop down, the next day they will open a new 1.
just like the shops in HK copy films, music, games in HK. I just found out that china has copyed lego and itis 90% the same and there the LV bags 100% same. HK & China is no. 1 big copy and they are good at it.

maybe itis better in the US or UK
Old 09-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ats77' post='339491' date='Sep 28 2006, 04:55 AM
at least buy the orig 19" wheels around 6000? or try ebay there are some in ebay.de
then buy leather from supplier of Alpina or BMW and thx to the fact that your profile is so detailed got no clue which leather you have but make it two tone.

Another thing, do not copy the "stereotype" Alpina, Alpina also has like 100s of leathers and some other nice stuff so whatever you make as individual work you wil be happy with that and if you get the parts, wheels and badges you can pretend as a B5er but never race anybody bigger than you just act that you are a gentleman who does NOT street race that is why you drive a classy Alpina def, show here the process and pics

A classy gentleman I will be! I already have the #95 wheels in the car, which i really love, So I might jus tkeep it with the BMW logo, I have the hood and trunk roundel, which I think Alpina retains that might change. Not sure about Alpina wording, I might just put B5 , also doing the Alpina in the front dam, not sure there is a side skirt in alpina i looked at several pics i couldn find it.

Now mAKING the leather two tone, (profile? am i suppsed to have one? ) ok ill make one. two tone could be the tricky part cos I have standard seats, which i am trying to upgrade to comfort seats, what you guys think of dying? altho i am against it, i saw some alpinas with single tone white , beige or black so that might work.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW-Alpina B5 Touring #007, Malachite Green w/ Caramel Individual interior 1999 BMW 840Ci Sport Individual, Techno Violet w/ Champagne Individual interior

Here are some pics of the real thing:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthrea...ight=b5+touring

Mine's the green one, as I'm sure you can figure out...

BTW, what are #95 wheels???
Old 09-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hythe' post='339824' date='Sep 29 2006, 02:07 PM
Here are some pics of the real thing:

Mine's the green one, as I'm sure you can figure out...

BTW, what are #95 wheels???
Very nice but looks like in the pic that the car needs a wash
Old 09-29-2006, 03:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='339831' date='Sep 29 2006, 07:23 AM
Very nice but looks like in the pic that the car needs a wash
Which pic / which car?

Those pics of my one were taken on the day I picked it up from the factory - some are taken later in the day, after a little European November road grime...

Quick Reply: ALPINA LOOK