E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Alloy wheel refurbishment

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A company in Kent damaged the rear alloys on my 5 series whilst changing the tyres. They offered to try and refurb the wheels. I was unhappy about this but gave them the opportunity to put the damage they did right. I returned from a business trip to find that the colour and finish of the refurbed wheels is different to the originals at the front. I have spoken to the chap part of the Wicked Wheels franchise who has told me that the BMW paint finish and colour is very difficult to match. He has done a fair job and clearly taken a lot of care, its just not like the original factory finish being a lighter silver and with a much duller finish.

I am now going to ask the company to replace the alloys with original fitment 19inch BMW alloys at their expense.

What do you think? I think I am entitled to have the car in the same condition and left in the same postion as I was when I took the car to them with no damage.

Your observations would be valued.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Absolutely entitled to get the wheel looking the same as you left it. If they can not repair it, they should replace it. Another option would be for you to take it to another wheel place and let them have a go at a refurb and let the original wheel shop pay for it....GL

I had my car for about 6 weeks before I curbed it. I ended up getting repaired as well, the guy I dealth with was absolutely able to color match it. It's been almost 4 months now and you still can't tell where the repair was done...so yes the guy at the wheel shop is telling the truth and it's hard to match, but I mean if they are compitent at what they do then it should be no problem, no excuses...
Old 06-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks into battle tomorrow, although I dont it will be much of a tussle. It makes you laugh when you talk to these people. Its as if its your fault that you took a car into them that they damaged.

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='598462' date='Jun 8 2008, 08:10 PM
Absolutely entitled to get the wheel looking the same as you left it. If they can not repair it, they should replace it. Another option would be for you to take it to another wheel place and let them have a go at a refurb and let the original wheel shop pay for it....GL

I had my car for about 6 weeks before I curbed it. I ended up getting repaired as well, the guy I dealth with was absolutely able to color match it. It's been almost 4 months now and you still can't tell where the repair was done...so yes the guy at the wheel shop is telling the truth and it's hard to match, but I mean if they are compitent at what they do then it should be no problem, no excuses...