E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

All your wheels and brakes are belong to somebody else

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04' E46 325i Sold 05' E60 53oi Sold (tranny issues) 08' E92 328i coupe 6spd MT (Current ride)

i personally like those oem bmw locks.. i just got a set for my car about 2 weeks ago.. bmw did come out with a new model of locks that look just like gorilla locks but i decided to get the older model (the ones pictured above)
but hey if u want to make it harder on thevies just get a set(4) of locks for every wheel lol.. im sure they will just give up after the first wheel
Old 02-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Don't stress it so much, if someone wants something you have bad enough there is nothing that will stop them. Just live life and don't worry about it.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by carlos916
i personally like those oem bmw locks.. i just got a set for my car about 2 weeks ago.. bmw did come out with a new model of locks that look just like gorilla locks but i decided to get the older model (the ones pictured above)
but hey if u want to make it harder on thevies just get a set(4) of locks for every wheel lol.. im sure they will just give up after the first wheel
Your idea is certainly funny to me, but on the other hand innovative with a lot of expense attached (lol)

Gorilla locks -- Is there a picture you have of it, would surely like to see them
Old 02-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

Originally Posted by mookish
What good is a socket gonna do when the outside of this is ROUND? I would like to think BMW put more thought into wheel locks. A TRAINED PROFESSIONAL can do just about anything, hell a locksmith can break into your home in minutes, does that mean your locks are worthless? It's the average theif that 99% of people are worried about and do most of the stealing. And I'd like to see one get these off as easy as you say it can be done...especially with a socket.

Just because the outside is round doesn't mean that a socket won't get it off. I watched the shop do this to my murano (locks are round also) and all they did was use a hammer and forced a socket onto the outside of the lock and were able to take the lock off. That being said they did have to wreck 4 sockets to get the 4 locks off.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/gorilla.locks

Guys, go look at the lock I recommended. It's the Gorilla Guard Lock. Go look at it, it's different.

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 02-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Contributors

lol pourin gas on the friggin fire again huh west?
Old 02-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
lol pourin gas on the friggin fire again huh west?
/me looks elsewhere...
Old 02-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

I have 172's with two sets of wheel locks (I live in Brooklyn) so that's two locks on each wheel w different keys. When installed with an impact tool, even using the key they are a bitch to get off. I'd REALLY like to see your average theif get these off with a standard socket and a hammer. Unless a theif pulls up in a van with a heavy duty compressor with an impact gun and impact sockets and is willing to work on my wheels for some time, they are going NOWHERE. Rest assured, these wheel locks are all you need. If your wheels still end up missing, you've been targeted by a professional and then there was nothing you could do to prevent it.

I don't think the argument is "can it be done" because anything can be done by someone who is determined and has the right equipment, the argument is "how likely is it", and I say HIGHLY UNLIKELY. And that's enough for me.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Originally Posted by mookish
When installed with an impact tool, even using the key they are a bitch to get off. I'd REALLY like to see your average theif get these off with a standard socket and a hammer.
Never ever tighten a wheel lock with a impact.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

+1 You risk stripping something.

Originally Posted by healthservices
Never ever tighten a wheel lock with a impact.

Quick Reply: All your wheels and brakes are belong to somebody else