E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AKAlius's Euro Sticker with a new twist.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 02:35 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
hey, you can fix that easily. U notice how you can see the connections in the box with two plugs right? take one of the plugs from one of the 4 box plugs, de solder the port and put it on the one that is missing it. Really simple to do. U just need a soldering iron. It'll take u headache waiting for the part.

sorry to bring this life again ,,but I've recevived my V2 kit today ,, and I do have exactly the same problem ,, one box has 2 ports ,,other box has 4 ports ...

I'm so pissed now and i don't want to wait again ...but will it work to remove the port from one of the box's and install it in the other box ?
Old 01-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by Ehssan
sorry to bring this life again ,,but I've recevived my V2 kit today ,, and I do have exactly the same problem ,, one box has 2 ports ,,other box has 4 ports ...

I'm so pissed now and i don't want to wait again ...but will it work to remove the port from one of the box's and install it in the other box ?
If you know how to remove them and solder you could, but you run the risk of messing the box up completley. I can't remember what I did, but you could try running one side to the other box. I can't remember what I did exactly but I made use of the 2 port box and 4 port.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil
If you know how to remove them and solder you could, but you run the risk of messing the box up completley. I can't remember what I did, but you could try running one side to the other box. I can't remember what I did exactly but I made use of the 2 port box and 4 port.
for sure I'm not gonna run a wire from one headlight to the other side , I emailed Umnitza about this ... I should have the right product that I paid for ,,

but thanks for sharing anyway ..
Old 01-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

It's kind of sad how this happens over and over
Old 01-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Contributors

exactly .. and from looking at all different threads and post about the Orion V2 , I can tell , each one of us have received a different kit , some have received a very small rings which they had to stick it to the original angel eyes ring ,, some other got the small ring almost the same size as the big ring , and they had to cut the black cover to fit it .... I started feeling that I made a mistake when I bought from them .. I wish I had another choice to buy from ..
Old 01-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Hi there. Sorry for the delayed response. I'm not as active as I would like to be. But it is very easy to solder off the connection and reconnect the plug inside another box.

As long as you have basic soldering skills, you will be fine. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck man.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
Hi there. Sorry for the delayed response. I'm not as active as I would like to be. But it is very easy to solder off the connection and reconnect the plug inside another box.

As long as you have basic soldering skills, you will be fine. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck man.
appreciate it dude ,,, I'm looking at the box's from inside , each one looks different in terms of electronic parts ,, soldering is my toy but i didn't open the box's yet assuming umnitiza might send me another set of box's ... yesterday umnitza said I should be getting a DIY of how to fix this issue ... I don't know if the electronic's inside the power box is for canceling the bulb error or to power up the LED's , if it's only for canceling the error's , then it's a piece of cake job to move one port from one box to the other ..

will keep you update as I don't know to start a new thread ,, unless i do a real DIY for it so the other ppl will have a useful info ..
Old 01-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

ehssan, check your email. If you want to DIY it, no worries, if you want another box, also no worries.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 M5

Sorry for bringing this thread up again, but do you guy's think it will look as good if you put the sticker on. Then Re-Clear the whole head light so the sticker is cleared as well? That way it will look like it's under it.