E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aftermarket sound system for E60 post CIC Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

There is no centre output on the CIC, just LEFT and RIGHT. The MS-8 creates a centre from those too feeds.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530i
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52N

Ah, understood. Now another one popped up lol. I've reverted the wiring of the rear of the CIC back to stock (so removed the CIC woofer fix). However as you know with this setup, I lose all the bass and I don't feel my underseat woofers. Once Technic's harness arrives and I install that, will it fix the underseat woofers as well? Or is this something that the MS-8 fixes, or do I need to do any other wiring to regain my under seat subs.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I'm sorry but I still dont understand why you are waiting on Technics harness for the subs. You will be feeding the CIC into the MS-8. The MS-8 will give you subwoofer outputs that you will feed into another amp that will drive the underseat subs. Or have I forgotten what you are trying to do here.

The pnp harness that you bought from the UK for that Blaupunkt amp is plenty enough to finish off the MS-8 install.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:25 AM
Members

I thought that Technic's harness (or at least thats what he told me anyway) will enable me to tap into the subwoofer input feeds for the MS-8 (but I don't see how this would work since the CIC doesn't have any sub output feeds that the CCC had). Then again with his harness I can tap into the OEM cables that lead to the underseat woofer so I won't need to run another set of wiring to the underseat woofers. Unless you can help me identify which wires in the boot belong to the underseat woofers then I can switch them to run off the MS-8 => dual channel amp => wiring...
Old 05-16-2011, 04:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by Cartmanizm
I thought that Technic's harness (or at least thats what he told me anyway) will enable me to tap into the subwoofer input feeds for the MS-8 (but I don't see how this would work since the CIC doesn't have any sub output feeds that the CCC had). Then again with his harness I can tap into the OEM cables that lead to the underseat woofer so I won't need to run another set of wiring to the underseat woofers. Unless you can help me identify which wires in the boot belong to the underseat woofers then I can switch them to run off the MS-8 => dual channel amp => wiring...
The OEM amp harness that I sell has a sub connector for the underseat woofers OEM wires, if that is what you are looking for. This harness is not required if you just either run new wires to the woofers or simply tap the woofer wires in the connector (after unplugging that connector from the OEM amp).
Old 08-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Members

Boy its already the end of August. It's all finally installed and such but I need some help with the tuning and setup with the MS-8.

Here's the layout of the MS-8:
1. BSW front left
2. BSW front right
3. BSW rear left
4. BSW rear right
5. BMW OEM Individual Center
6. => 2 channel amp => kicker smb8 left
7. => 2 channel amp => kicker smb8 right
8. empty.

Should I setup the underseat woofers as part of a 2-way front or set them up as subs? What should the crossovers be for this setup? The MS-8 doesn't let me setup the rear speakers, it only allows me to allocate them as side speakers for some reason .