E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aftermarket Processor ..JBL MS-8 Improve your stock sound easy..

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='425971' date='May 18 2007, 02:55 PM
Good luck Nelson,

i would love to see the pics of that JBL demo car!!!
its nothing breakthrough.i love how they left all the original speaker and added couple more oem speaker. they also added two subs in the trunk.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KU530' post='425836' date='May 18 2007, 09:10 AM
Hey nelson I talked to Gary about the JBL piece. they have no eta on when it will be out. He is a tech for Harman which owns JBL. I have not been a huge fan of JBL but this unit would have solve a lot of my issues with upgrading the system. I think it may be a toss up between it and the h650 except for the fact Alpine is not new to the processeing game. Nelson dont you have the 701? This would not benefit you to have. infact the h650 vs h701 you would lose a few channels. Granted the h650 is supposed to clean the signal like the h900 and h990 but if I understand correctly the signal prior to the factory amps is supposed to be clean unprocessed. This is one of the things Gary and I talked about.
this is part of the press release for the h650. according to this i will be losing one channel. instead of 8 i will be getting 7.

The PXE-H650 comes with an omni-directional pressure-calibrated microphone which is placed in different areas of the vehicle?s interior to measure the cabin?s acoustics. The unit has two input options, Factory or Aux-In, and seven channel outputs: front 1 left/right, front 2 left/right, rear left/right, mono sub. The supplied Imprint Sound Manager software application uses MultEQ to collect and aggregate the vehicle?s measurements, plot 500+ control points to that measurement, create an inverse curve to the Imprint output, and then assign recommended crossover points. The result is a custom-tuned system, tailored to best match the vehicle?s hardware components and interior cabin acoustics, all done with a simple, one-button set-up. This process is revolutionary because it is done automatically, unlike previous solutions which required a highly-skilled technician to devote extensive and effort to fine-tune the system.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='426040' date='May 18 2007, 04:16 PM
this is part of the press release for the h650. according to this i will be losing one channel. instead of 8 i will be getting 7.

The PXE-H650 comes with an omni-directional pressure-calibrated microphone which is placed in different areas of the vehicle?s interior to measure the cabin?s acoustics. The unit has two input options, Factory or Aux-In, and seven channel outputs: front 1 left/right, front 2 left/right, rear left/right, mono sub. The supplied Imprint Sound Manager software application uses MultEQ to collect and aggregate the vehicle?s measurements, plot 500+ control points to that measurement, create an inverse curve to the Imprint output, and then assign recommended crossover points. The result is a custom-tuned system, tailored to best match the vehicle?s hardware components and interior cabin acoustics, all done with a simple, one-button set-up. This process is revolutionary because it is done automatically, unlike previous solutions which required a highly-skilled technician to devote extensive and effort to fine-tune the system.

Isht! my installer can't get my processor to turn on everything is fine, i can't wait to hear it I might have to get the controller but where in the world would i install it i have no room grrrrrrrrrrrr.......................
Old 05-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='426043' date='May 18 2007, 02:24 PM
Isht! my installer can't get my processor to turn on everything is fine, i can't wait to hear it I might have to get the controller but where in the world would i install it i have no room grrrrrrrrrrrr.......................
In the armrest. That is where I would put it. Take out the stupid phone thing and put it in there.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='426036' date='May 18 2007, 02:13 PM
its nothing breakthrough.i love how they left all the original speaker and added couple more oem speaker. they also added two subs in the trunk.
Dont be fooled by what you read. Gary is big at smoke and mirrors. His Regal is like that. He did that article last month but that is a crock. He is the best in the Game and he is not reveiling his secretes. I have heard the regal and that thing is insane.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='425903' date='May 18 2007, 09:46 AM
Hi Marquies,

on the last page of the thread a harman representative said that it was coming out in the fall.it was suppose to come out this past february. in matter of fact it came out as the FIX8 in 2006 CES event. they having some issues with the software.
as far as I know in our system unless you have the logic7 we only have one amplifier and is the one that powers the midbass speakers under the seat, everything else is powered by the MASK radio. my hub is connected from the front speak line outputs of the radio to the the audiocontrol lc8 LOC to the alpine hub. I'm getting a whine noise and I think is because of the lc8. I'm selling the h701 because the h650 will do the lc8 and the h701 job. the signal from the factory system is amplified and heavily equed. with the H650 or MS8 it should flattened the signal. I might be wrong but I think the H650 has the same number of output as the H701?
let me give alpine a quick call..
I am really stating to hate this car I thought the whole system was amped and my dumb ass was looking right at the single amp and did not think anything of it. So know I have to take the front apart again to tap into the singal from up there because I dont think you get an idrive, blutooth play back thourgh the mids. Well the phone comes from under the dash I discovered the speaker at took the car apart. The h 900 is suposed to clean the signal a bit we shall see if how true that is. I need to play around with the signal from the amp and see what I can get from it because I bet that is a cleaner signal coming into that amp unprocesses so That is what Gary told me.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KU530' post='426636' date='May 20 2007, 10:07 PM
Dont be fooled by what you read. Gary is big at smoke and mirrors. His Regal is like that. He did that article last month but that is a crock. He is the best in the Game and he is not reveiling his secretes. I have heard the regal and that thing is insane.
that regal was unbelievable work of art.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KU530' post='426637' date='May 20 2007, 10:13 PM
I am really stating to hate this car I thought the whole system was amped and my dumb ass was looking right at the single amp and did not think anything of it. So know I have to take the front apart again to tap into the singal from up there because I dont think you get an idrive, blutooth play back thourgh the mids. Well the phone comes from under the dash I discovered the speaker at took the car apart. The h 900 is suposed to clean the signal a bit we shall see if how true that is. I need to play around with the signal from the amp and see what I can get from it because I bet that is a cleaner signal coming into that amp unprocesses so That is what Gary told me.
let me know how that goes.it will nice it that signal from the amp was unprocessed, but for some reason i doubted.