E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aftermarket pads and rotors

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you guys have any suggestions on using A/M parts vs OEM? Just looking for help finding some DD parts that would be good enough for my wife's 07 530xi
Would like to know what brands you guys like and why, would be most helpful
Old 07-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

we carry R1concepts for brake replacements as an option
Old 07-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i

barvarian autosports has a complete 4 wheel package for $500
Old 07-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Members

Just replaced mine with Zimmerman rotors and Akebono Euro ceramic pads. They produce less dust(just about non-existance). Stopping power is great. Some people saw ceramic pads need to warm up to properly stop the vehicle. Akebono pads works great cold or warm and they don't grab like BMW pads. Several members of this forum and other forums have changed over to these same pads which I heard was the first aftermarket pad made for BMW. I have always used ceramic pads on all my cars.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Members

I just did my front and rears with Stoptech slotted rotors, stoptech performance pads.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Hi-545
I just did my front and rears with Stoptech slotted rotors, stoptech performance pads.
I did the same set up on my Volvo S60 R about a month ago and like it, but this is my wifes daily and she doesnt need anything agressive just looking for something as good or better than OEM performance but at a lower cost than dealer pricing
Old 07-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by panda1
Just replaced mine with Zimmerman rotors and Akebono Euro ceramic pads. They produce less dust(just about non-existance). Stopping power is great. Some people saw ceramic pads need to warm up to properly stop the vehicle. Akebono pads works great cold or warm and they don't grab like BMW pads. Several members of this forum and other forums have changed over to these same pads which I heard was the first aftermarket pad made for BMW. I have always used ceramic pads on all my cars.

Good to hear you like the ceramic pads on the BMW. I installed EBC Redstuff high-performance ceramic pads recently on my wife's SC430, and agree with all you said: Huge reduction in brake dust, great performance, very linear pedal pressure to stopping force, and no need to be "warmed-up" before full stopping power.

I also feel the stock pads on my 545i are too grabby, and I have to consciously feather the brake pedal to come to a smooth stop. The pads on my 545i only have about 10K miles on them, but when I am ready to change I will be using the EBC Redstuff ceramic pads.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:29 PM
New Members

My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: 6 cylinder

Originally Posted by panda1
Just curious - where can you purchase those brands of aftermarket rotors & pads? I live in Wyoming so my ounces may be limited. Also, have you heard anything about NAPA premium pads from Midas?
Old 08-04-2012, 06:32 PM
New Members

My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: 6 cylinder

Where can you buy those after market pads& rotors? I live in Wyoming so my local sources might be limited. Also, has anyone used NAPA pads/ rotors through Midas?
Old 08-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

Very happy with my R1 rotors and Hawk pads. Michael will treat you right https://5series.net/forums/topic/117...ckages-for-60/

Quick Reply: Aftermarket pads and rotors