E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Advanced Cruise Control - ACC without function

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello again,

i still have a problem with my acc system in my 2005? 530d Touring E61.

A few days ago, there was only one error saved: adjust acc

That?s not a big problem, but when my bmw dealer wants to adjust the sensor, it wont works cause the controller didnt? "answer".

Here the new error log:

- adjust acc
- missing acc can signal
- cruise control communication not possible (ACC supply)
- windshieldtyp for rainlight sensor not defined
- tachometer supply disconnected (error isn?t existing at the moment)

So, i think this errors came, when i tried to fix my retrof. seats. I?ve checked the fuses and disconnect #18 tachometer to check a fuseslot for the seats. after putting the fuse back to place #18 this errors occurred.

So what?s to do, to fix the missing can signal? It?s need to programm the tachometer? please help, a bmw electrican cost about 180 EUR / 240 USD per hour!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Originally Posted by veGa' post='927797' date='Jun 30 2009, 01:14 AM
Hello again,

i still have a problem with my acc system in my 2005? 530d Touring E61.

A few days ago, there was only one error saved: adjust acc

That?s not a big problem, but when my bmw dealer wants to adjust the sensor, it wont works cause the controller didnt? "answer".

Here the new error log:

- adjust acc
- missing acc can signal
- cruise control communication not possible (ACC supply)
- windshieldtyp for rainlight sensor not defined
- tachometer supply disconnected (error isn?t existing at the moment)

So, i think this errors came, when i tried to fix my retrof. seats. I?ve checked the fuses and disconnect #18 tachometer to check a fuseslot for the seats. after putting the fuse back to place #18 this errors occurred.

So what?s to do, to fix the missing can signal? It?s need to programm the tachometer? please help, a bmw electrican cost about 180 EUR / 240 USD per hour!!!

Hi

Have you tried to dis-mount the batteri for 20 minuts ? ( reset's the system's in the car , and boot's the Bus signals )

The Can signals to the ACC is the type called PT-Can-Bus ( wire colors : 1 red/blue & 1 red wire "twistet" together, just like the yellow & black K-can-Bus wire's ) , if your car is after 09/2005 , then try to activate your sidemirrows , if they work your PT-can-Bus signal manager is function properly.

Have you checket the connector/socket on the ACC unit it's self ?

Have you damaged/cut any wire when mounting the seats ? , and where have you taken the power , ground etc. from to the seats ?

Good luck
Old 06-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BenAnd' post='928435' date='Jun 30 2009, 06:47 AM
Hi

Have you tried to dis-mount the batteri for 20 minuts ? ( reset's the system's in the car , and boot's the Bus signals )

The Can signals to the ACC is the type called PT-Can-Bus ( wire colors : 1 red/blue & 1 red wire "twistet" together, just like the yellow & black K-can-Bus wire's ) , if your car is after 09/2005 , then try to activate your sidemirrows , if they work your PT-can-Bus signal manager is function properly.

Have you checket the connector/socket on the ACC unit it's self ?

Have you damaged/cut any wire when mounting the seats ? , and where have you taken the power , ground etc. from to the seats ?

Good luck
Hallo -

No, i didnt try the trick with the batterie, but i will do it! My Sidemirrors works perfect (adjustment). I?ve also checked the connector, its ok - i didnt touch any parts of the front and had no crashes!

The seats have been retrofited by the first hand.. not my job. So when i bought the car, there was only the "adjust acc" error - so i think there are no problems with the seats and the acc combinded.

Maybe the 20 min disconnect will help! I will report!