E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Additional pictures of BBS

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 01:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did my front driver side caliper in black.but i did notice small tiny air bubbles in some areas.is it normal? is there a proper way to spray?how far should i spray from?

im assuming its from all the dust that was left.although i washed my car the day before.i think im gonna go get the STP brake cleaner

Edit: i just called my friend up and he came to see them. he told me i should use sand paper to remove the dust.Will wet sanding scratch the caliper?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Contributors

ok.so i finished all 4 calipers in black.

before painting, i wet sanded the calipers to remove all dust and rust then sprayed them in black. They look great.Everyone is complementing me for such a good job.

I still cant find some heat resistant WHITE paint to do the BMW logo. Im still gona search. I was thinking of just painting them with Normal paint. Does anyone now if they would resist the heat? because i dont feel like repainting all 4 calipers again.its a pain!!!

Thx ROY for this great DIY, and nicelooking calipers

PS: i did notice that im getting better grip and better braking. Plus the squeeking noise is gone

and also, if guys get paint on ur DISCS, dont worry, my discs got ALLLL BLACK. after a few harsh braking, they were back to normal, AND EVEN BETTER
Old 07-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='628621' date='Jul 20 2008, 02:32 PM
ok.so i finished all 4 calipers in black.

before painting, i wet sanded the calipers to remove all dust and rust then sprayed them in black. They look great.Everyone is complementing me for such a good job.

I still cant find some heat resistant WHITE paint to do the BMW logo. Im still gona search. I was thinking of just painting them with Normal paint. Does anyone now if they would resist the heat? because i dont feel like repainting all 4 calipers again.its a pain!!!

Thx ROY for this great DIY, and nicelooking calipers

PS: i did notice that im getting better grip and better braking. Plus the squeeking noise is gone

and also, if guys get paint on ur DISCS, dont worry, my discs got ALLLL BLACK. after a few harsh braking, they were back to normal, AND EVEN BETTER
Post some pictures.