E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Adding suspension upgrades to my 07 550I What should I expect?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

I thought the only adjustment I could make on them was height?

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
if you're h&r coils right now are bumpy try adjusting them to the stiffest setting to see if it helps. i'm not saying keep them stiff, just make them stiff to see if it solves the problem.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

OH! You only have the ones where you can adjust height. Hmmm, nothing you can do then.

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by dentity
I thought the only adjustment I could make on them was height?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

oh well... I will raise it up a bit and go from there.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Contributors

I just went for another ride in the car and with every bump the back end is bouncing like crazy. These feels way too bouncy/floaty. right now I am pretty pissed off. I swear my stock sport suspension was tighter... just a higher ride. tomorrow i will adjust the height. Hopefully that allows the coil to work and provide stability... otherwise.. these things come off thursday. I guess there is no such thing as a return policy for coil overs is there? Anyone?
Old 06-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Former Vendor

did you buy them new?

I just went for another ride in the car and with every bump the back end is bouncing like crazy. These feels way too bouncy/floaty. right now I am pretty pissed off. I swear my stock sport suspension was tighter... just a higher ride. tomorrow i will adjust the height. Hopefully that allows the coil to work and provide stability... otherwise.. these things come off thursday. I guess there is no such thing as a return policy for coil overs is there? Anyone?
Old 06-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Contributors

I currently have the Ksports on my 545i. Since I haven't tried any other suspensions my comparison is only with the stock sport suspension @ 55k~.

Miles driven on suspension: 500~
Driving Condition: 70% Highway/ 30% City
Driving Style: 50% Spirited / 50% Granny Status

Initial thoughts were that I could feel the road more. Train tracks, bumps, uneven pavement etc are all more apparent while the car moves on the road. Handling feels tighter on turns with minimal body roll and the body also stays flat during initial acceleration. The ride comfort is definitely stiffer but not uncomfortable. The driving experience has changed and the car feels sportier . If I remember correctly stock sport suspension was about 2~2.5 fingers width tall? My drop was not drastic and I still have about a finger width gap.

Dampening settings were set at the middle setting. I feel it has a sliiight bounce at this setting but feel it would be fixed by adjusting the settings a few clicks stiffer. I did want to try different dampening settings to figure out the right ride for my preference. I can't say these are better or worse than HR, KW's, Bilstein's etc but I can say that I'm happy with the results and the adjustable options, especially at this price point.

Here's a snap of my ride height.
Attached Thumbnails Adding suspension upgrades to my 07 550I What should I expect?-e60-bbs-lm.jpg  
Old 06-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks Melvin. This is how coils should feel for your car. If you bought them new from a shop can you ask them for a refund? It seems like they sold you on something you weren't expecting.

Michael
Old 06-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Contributors

Thanks guys for the responses. I will see what results I get tomorrow. I will adjust them up and check them out. if they still suck i will call http://www.turnermotorsport.com/ and see what can be done... what sucks is i have to work all day and adjust them at night. then if they cant be fixed I will have to switch them back again for the bmw sport suspension by this saturday. I am going to Driving School at Monticello and need the car to be correct.

then I still need a suspension. Hopefully they will refund me. pretty disappointed so far. Plus the front bump stops dont fit... so the install is not even complete aaaaaaa

Ksports Michaael huh... at least I can get a scoop for the front. I am a little frustrated with coilovers at the moment. I will be going down to the NY meet maybe I can look at some of the coil overs then...

gotta get some sleep now...

yes I bought them new from http://www.turnermotorsport.com/
Old 06-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Contributors

this is just hitting the nightmare stage. Something is majorly wrong. The coilovers are slammed at their max setting... front and rear. The rear coil overs are pushing the back panel up behind the rear seats... this is nuts.

I am hoping the guys at Turnermotorsports can help... man this really sucks. i feel so helpless its absolutely crazy. I will be posting a video and some pics in just a moment so please chime in and let me know what you think I am pretty much at a lose here for what is wrong outside of the fact that everything does not go together
Old 06-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Former Vendor

i'll be waiting for them but i'll be gone in 45 minutes and back on in an hour or so.

michael
acute performance

this is just hitting the nightmare stage. Something is majorly wrong. The coilovers are slammed at their max setting... front and rear. The rear coil overs are pushing the back panel up behind the rear seats... this is nuts.

I am hoping the guys at Turnermotorsports can help... man this really sucks. i feel so helpless its absolutely crazy. I will be posting a video and some pics in just a moment so please chime in and let me know what you think I am pretty much at a lose here for what is wrong outside of the fact that everything does not go together

Quick Reply: Adding suspension upgrades to my 07 550I What should I expect?