E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Added MTech Bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Looking good, much better congrats
Old 03-19-2010, 06:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07' 550i Options: Titanium Gray, STEPTRONIC 6-Speed, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Active Stering, Power Rear Sun Shade, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Alcantara Headliner, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, Navigation, Heads-up Display, HD Radio, Satellite Radio, Logic 7 Sound w/ CD Changer, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Folding Rear Seats with Ski Bag, Park Distance Control, Bluetooth Options: MTech Bumpers, Sprint Booster V2, RPi Scoop, Clear Bra, K&N Drop-in Filter, Predator ICE V3 Angel Eyes

Here is a close up picture of the side skirt. The side next to the front tire is where it?s short. Next to the back tire it?s flush. They didn?t need to modify the side skirt at all, it wasn?t short enough to change any of the attachment points.

The front buldge doesn?t bother me too much. The only way you can see it is if you squat down and look at the car from the front. Standing up, it?s not noticeable. Cutting some hard foam pieces to stick in there is a good idea and a simple fix.
Attached Thumbnails Added MTech Bumpers-dsc_3824-large-.jpg  
Old 03-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 07' 550i Options: Titanium Gray, STEPTRONIC 6-Speed, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Active Stering, Power Rear Sun Shade, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Alcantara Headliner, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, Navigation, Heads-up Display, HD Radio, Satellite Radio, Logic 7 Sound w/ CD Changer, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Folding Rear Seats with Ski Bag, Park Distance Control, Bluetooth Options: MTech Bumpers, Sprint Booster V2, RPi Scoop, Clear Bra, K&N Drop-in Filter, Predator ICE V3 Angel Eyes

It was a pain in the ass and a hassle to go through but looking back it was a blessing in disguise.

This site is contagious , I've caught the mod bug.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Sport Package, Jet Black M166 OEM Wheels M5 Style Body kit RPI Scoop BMC Air Filter Valentine One Radar Detector 35% tint all around

looks good. my car is in the shop with the same rear bumper being installed, and drilling pdc holes. Hope will work out as good as yours
Old 03-19-2010, 07:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Robb924
Here is a close up picture of the side skirt. The side next to the front tire is where it?s short. Next to the back tire it?s flush. They didn?t need to modify the side skirt at all, it wasn?t short enough to change any of the attachment points.

The front buldge doesn?t bother me too much. The only way you can see it is if you squat down and look at the car from the front. Standing up, it?s not noticeable. Cutting some hard foam pieces to stick in there is a good idea and a simple fix.
yep thats how mine looks too, kinda sucks but it is a rep piece after all
Old 03-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
yep thats how mine looks too, kinda sucks but it is a rep piece after all
I'm sure 99.9% of the public walking by the car would never notice that but just knowing it's there will probably irritate me. I'm hoping I get a set that isn't short since it seems to be hit an miss! Umnitza mentioned in another thread they see this in about 1 of 30 pieces they get in. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the pic of the skirts
Old 03-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Members

The car is great in so many other ways, I try not to focus on that tiny imperfection.

And like you said, 99% of people out there wouldn't notice.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Robb924
The car is great in so many other ways, I try not to focus on that tiny imperfection.

And like you said, 99% of people out there wouldn't notice.

but as the car owner we notice it, since we paid for it

so yeah its irratating
Old 03-19-2010, 09:13 PM
e6t
Senior Members

car look awesome... makes me want the kit even more... do the parts from trinity have the same issues?

uh oh... i think i did it again.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

car looks good!!!

Quick Reply: Added MTech Bumpers