E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Active Cruise Control / Heated Seats Retrofit ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

I'd be real interested to know about what it would take to retrofit the seats as well. I've got the standard (part-electric) seats clad in leather and they're c-o-o-o-o-l-d when I climb in the car at 6:30am (the wonders of buying CPO - the original purchaser of my car specced it up almost to premium pack levels, but left out the heated seats. Who has unheated leather??? )
Old 12-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Originally Posted by MacSid' post='742397' date='Dec 10 2008, 08:04 PM
I'd be real interested to know about what it would take to retrofit the seats as well. I've got the standard (part-electric) seats clad in leather and they're c-o-o-o-o-l-d when I climb in the car at 6:30am (the wonders of buying CPO - the original purchaser of my car specced it up almost to premium pack levels, but left out the heated seats. Who has unheated leather??? )
Probably the same prat who specced my car lol...........

--------

My car is a september 2005 with standard cruise control, no start stop, just resume.

I would like the system which keeps the set distance from the vehicle in front, stop and start would be nice but not essential.

I dont know which system I would need, AC1 or 2 ?

I have no idea when it comes to understanding schematic level diagrams, I would gladly pay someone instead , thats not to say I wont take on a challenge, but I wont try and do something completely beyond my ability

So it seems I need some switches and an AC1 or 2 unit, someone to wire it up, and then BMW to program the system ?

2 parts I can probably achieve lol.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Hi Mark

You write your car is a Sept. 05 ( it changes in 09/05 , before it is the ACC1 unit to be used ) , then you must mount the ACC2 unit , and then also "stop & go" should be possible , but ask by BMW to be sure , it is not the 1 reg. date but the production date thats counts here !

You need to get the wirring diagram from the BMW WDS ( WDS= wirring diagram System's ) , but easy told it go's like this : the wirring from the switc's go's to the DSC/ESP unit behind the right headlight ( all in all 4 wire's ) , the wirring from the ACC unit go's into the car , PT-Can HIGH + LOW to be connected under the glove compartment , 1 one wire go's to CAS modul , 1 to the trunk power terminal ) , and the ground/negativ to terminal under air intake ( not so important were , just it is a good ground/negativ connection ).

But write out the diagram from the WDS , then you can't make anything wrong
Old 12-11-2008, 02:07 AM
Senior Members

Thanks again mate, will do some further research based on your help, first to find out when my car was produced I think
Old 12-12-2008, 02:58 AM
Senior Members

My car was made September 2005.

Definately up for doing this ACC retrofit, just need to find the parts and someone to do the electronics now
Old 02-21-2011, 12:41 AM
New Members

My Ride: Model: BMW E64 630i Convertible Colour: Atlantic Blue Upholstery: Cream Beige Dakota leather Standard Specification: Servotronic Steering Sport Steering Wheel Remote Control Alarm Storage Nets Floor Mats First Aid Kit & Triangle Smoker Package Electric Front Seats + Driver Memory Headlamp Washer System Park Distance Control Bi-Xenon Headlights Automatic Air Conditioning Cruise Control Hi-Fi loudspeaker system Optional Extras: Option: Automatic Gearbox Option: Steering Wheel Heating Option: No Model Inscription Option: Dark Grey Hood Option: Floor Mats Option: Auto-Dimming Interior + Folding Exterior Mirrors Option: Dark Birch Wood high gloss Option: Cup holder Option: Sports Seats Option: Front Seat Heating Option: Extended Interior Light Package Option: 19'' Star Spoke Alloys + Run Flat Tyres Option: Navigation-System Professional Option: Extended Voice Control System Option: Bluetooth Telephone Preparation Option: BMW 6 Disc CD Changer Retrofited: iphone cradle OEM Alpine ipod interface spring booster K&N air filter

Hello Ben!

Sorry for replying to a 2 year old post, I don't even know if you will see this, but I am really interested to retrofit the Active Cruise Control option to my 2005 E64, the 6 series basically shares most of its parts with the 5 series so I wanted to ask you what parts do I need for this retrofit. My car has a normal cruise control, I know for sure that I need the ACC switch #61316924105 and the ACC radar itself #66316769980, but what else do I need, there must be some wiring involved as well. Please shed some light if you can.

All best,

Andreas Assiotis.

Originally Posted by BenAnd
Hi All ACC fan's

Here a littel information on CC & ACC's

Yes I have fitted the ACC , it can be done , but it isen't "just" to do , did take me over 4 months before I suceeded to get it work proberly there to BMW dealership's diden't had a clou on this tema/re-fit , and how to code this re-fit option into the car's computer ( hade never done this before , it is not a re-fit option i the BMW list ).

The problem is that there is 3 types of CC/ACC's 1: the normal CC , ACC1 & ACC2 with "stop" & "go" function , depend witch year the car was built.

Normal CC you can get in all models.( standard in the most I gees )

ACC1 up until 09/05

ACC2 from 09/05 and forward's

When you code the car's computer after a re-fit of ACC1 or ACC2 , BMW dealership must use different SAxxx code's

Normal CC = Code SA540

ACC1 = Code SA541

ACC2 = Code SA544

If thy get that wrong , it won't function proberly , and that was the case by my car.

Hope this clarifye's it a littel