E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ACS Pedals Installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed the ACS pedals I got off ebay for $60. Let me know what you think.

ACS Pedals Installed-picture034.jpg

ACS Pedals Installed-picture035.jpg

ACS Pedals Installed-picture036.jpg

ACS Pedals Installed-picture037.jpg
Old 08-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i PDC / ADAPTIVE XENON HEDLIGHTS /FOLD DOWN REAR SEATS / NAV / PREMIUM / COLD WEATHER / EURO REFLECTORS /STAGGERED CHROMED 124S / PIAA 4700K FOGS / BLUETOOTH RETROFIT / REAR WOODED LIGHTER PANEL/MP3 RETROFIT

Looks Great
Old 08-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Was it hard to install or remove the old one?
Old 08-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

Sporty, I like it
Old 08-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice, Heiss5. I had a choice b/w ACS and ///M, but I chose ///M
Metal pedal make black interior stand out and look good. Drilling is a pain in the tail and it hurts my ears
ACS Pedals Installed-img_0962.jpg
Old 08-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Senior Members

Thanks everyone. It wasn't very hard at all, the hardest part is trying to put the screws in the bottom of the gas pedal because you can't really get your hands back there. But overall it's a simple drilling of 12 holes. The brake pedal is kind of a pain since it's metal, but the others are easy. I used a 1/8" drill bit and it took me about 20 minutes for the whole install just because the screws were a pain.

my530i, I was debating on the //M pedals too, but I figured that since I don't have any //M parts I'd be better off with the ACS. I would have liked to get some that didn't have any markings, but I saw these for so cheap that I decided why not.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Contributors

I was like you that I want parts w/o any markings, but they only has ACS or ///M. Since I already have M5 paddles and steering wheel, I took the ///M5.
I hate drilling the brake pedal because it needs to be aligned correctly. The results actually paid off. Those pedals just yelling out loud "press me harder, Harder, and HARDER" whenever I turn on the engine
Old 08-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='324313' date='Aug 19 2006, 12:32 AM
Thanks everyone. It wasn't very hard at all, the hardest part is trying to put the screws in the bottom of the gas pedal because you can't really get your hands back there. But overall it's a simple drilling of 12 holes. The brake pedal is kind of a pain since it's metal, but the others are easy. I used a 1/8" drill bit and it took me about 20 minutes for the whole install just because the screws were a pain.

my530i, I was debating on the //M pedals too, but I figured that since I don't have any //M parts I'd be better off with the ACS. I would have liked to get some that didn't have any markings, but I saw these for so cheap that I decided why not.
Do you have a copy of the instruction manual I could see? I'm a handy man, but I'm also clumsy . . . I could drill too many holes and put the brake and accelerator pedals in backwards. :'( Is the drill bit provided or separate purchase? Are there templates, etc.? Thanks.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='324519' date='Aug 19 2006, 08:45 PM
Do you have a copy of the instruction manual I could see? I'm a handy man, but I'm also clumsy . . . I could drill too many holes and put the brake and accelerator pedals in backwards. :'( Is the drill bit provided or separate purchase? Are there templates, etc.? Thanks.
There isn't an instruction manual, at least not that I know of, and there is no drill bit that is provided. I just found that a 1/8" drill bit looked to be about the same size as the screws/bolts so I went with it. But basically, here is how you do it.

Accelerator Pedal Install
1.) Line aluminum pedal up with plastic pedal
2.) Using the aluminum pedal holes as a template, either mark the hole with a pen/pencil and then drill, or drill with the pedal in place. I'm daring so I just held the pedal in place and drilled.
3.) After drilling all 4 holes, slide the bolts into the holes and fasten the nuts and washers on the back. This is a huge pain in the a$$ unless you have tiny hands. If you have a 5-6 year old son that's into cars I would highly recommend asking him for help, he could probably fit in the car under the steering wheel and get his hands behind the pedal no problem.

Brake Pedal Install
1. Remove the rubber that covers the brake pedal
2.) Repeat step #1 from the Accelerator Pedal Install
3.) Repeat step #2 from the Accelerator Pedal Install
4.) Repeat step #3 from the Accelerator Pedal Install

Dead Pedal Install
Well, you get the picture.

Seriously though, it's a really easy mod to do, but if you want/need more detailed directions or better pictures feel free to ask. The pics that I posted are just from my camera phone so they're not too high quality.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

it looks really good

Quick Reply: ACS Pedals Installed