E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ACS Front lip real people

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need to know about the ACS front lip where to buy the replica one
I know I can get the back wing and roof spoiler from delsa motorsports on ebay
and hes been able to give good fitment and people are happy
I wanted replica ACS front lip with actual experiences of people
Any names and cheap pls
Thanks so much guys
Old 04-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

eBay. They're all the same on eBay, so just find one that has a good price (including shipping) and has decent feedback.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I just got mine off ebay for $180 shipped.

Does anyone know where I can get some installation instructions? I did a search...no luck!
Old 04-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='559459' date='Apr 10 2008, 11:03 PM
I just got mine off ebay for $180 shipped.

Does anyone know where I can get some installation instructions? I did a search...no luck!
It's a pain. I'd have a body shop do it. Because it's a replica, it doesn't fit great and needs some bonding glue to mount to the center bars behind the new lip.

I used the have the ACS front lip before I got the M-Tech kit. That's how I know.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Contributors

The best thing is to let a bodyshop install it. They can fill it in with bondo so the lip looks like 1 iece with the bumper. I had mine installed like that. Looks SWEET.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire/ Black leather, NAV, Sports Pkg, Active Steering, Shadow Trim, PDC, Heated Seats/Wheel, Logic 7 Sound, 6 Disc Changer, Blue Tooth, Comfort Access/Seats, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Bi-Xenon lamps and MTEC 2X Super White Foglights

My thoughts....

I too have been looking for the ACS front lip and I emailed a couple of Ebay sellers as well as a couple of their buyers to see how the install went. The feedback was good but mentioned that there was "bonding/sanding and filling required" to acheive perfect fitment as well as a couple of horror stories on paint jobs from people on this forum. One guy mentioned getting his from CarKing and had it painted by them. It apparently looked great, but the masking tape used by his bodyshop to hold it in place while them mounted it peeled off the lip's paint.....that's not supposed to happen.

This was one response I got from an Ebayer who bought a replica:
"It looks awesome once it is fitted, filled, primed, painted and installed. There is some work to putting it in though. Some minor filling and smoothing. There is also some trimming needed to the fog light holes and your original center grill. I urethaned the lip to my bumper. Nice product. Do not expect to just paint and put on."

So I guess the moral of my findings is buying a replica is much cheaper, but you probably don't want to buy it painted. Also, the mounting is sure to cost more than the real ACS would cost......but even so it will still be cheaper in total.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Senior Members

While it is expensive, if you are worried about the fit, I would go with the original ACS piece. We offer this part and have installed on several vehicles, the extra cost is certainly worth the hassle free install. You may end up paying more to have a shop make it fit correctly and even then it is not guaranteed to sit right.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire/ Black leather, NAV, Sports Pkg, Active Steering, Shadow Trim, PDC, Heated Seats/Wheel, Logic 7 Sound, 6 Disc Changer, Blue Tooth, Comfort Access/Seats, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Bi-Xenon lamps and MTEC 2X Super White Foglights

Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW' post='560081' date='Apr 11 2008, 08:18 PM
While it is expensive, if you are worried about the fit, I would go with the original ACS piece. We offer this part and have installed on several vehicles, the extra cost is certainly worth the hassle free install. You may end up paying more to have a shop make it fit correctly and even then it is not guaranteed to sit right.

well, it's hard to compare $180 shipped on ebay to $800 for the real deal. I believe those are the prices I was quoted for the replica and the ACS. Let me know how much you sell it for and if it is painted or not.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Members

I purchased the complete ACS style body kit from carking on ebay. Horrible experience! My car is white and the front and rear aprons and side skirts came pre-painted. The white was off, did not match my white color, not to mention the paint was peeling off the rear bumper when it arrived. They fit like crap. They came with black glue for the install on a white car! I'm still trying to get my money back. They are nice to work with when you are buying...but just try to get a refund!! BE CAREFUL, I was told the side skirts replace the existing side skirts...but not true. You actually have to cut a hole in your existing side skirts to mount theirs over top. I had to buy new side skirts after I took that garbage off my car. No more replica for me! I put M5 side skirts on my 07' 550i, and I'm buying a MTech front bumper! Hope this helps!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Members

I just bought a replica ACS lip and the car will be going into the body shop on Monday.....So, i'll keep ppl posted

Quick Reply: ACS Front lip real people