E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ACM/USB retrofit just released

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Midget' post='582198' date='May 17 2008, 12:22 AM
Installing the ACM is quite a lot of work if you are not familair with removing the trim of your car. It took me a couple of days before the install was complete. The good news is that it does NOT neet coding.

I now see that my ACM is already an older version as I have no menu option "USB".
I'm on the same path with you Midget, I suppose it will be added after the USB module installation, as there is not something mentioned about incompatibility between versions. Just "Level 1" which includes all versions...
Old 05-17-2008, 12:03 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Nick, Midget - As mentioned the ACM has changed part numbers twice. The difference has been atleast the firmware changes on the hardware. The biggest problem with the ACM is that it does not update its own firmware via a PROGMAN update so I don't know how you will be able to programme it for the USB. But knowing Nick he's fine a way or a dealer who will do it.

So far the ACM will only uses the AUX for all Audio which is IMHO is absolutely rubbish. Infact even the BMW iPOD USB link uses the Analogue AUX as audio. So here Dension definately is better because it works on the digital MOST itself.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='582427' date='May 17 2008, 10:03 AM
So here Dension definately is better because it works on the digital MOST itself.

Dension is better because you still have the interface of the CD to play mp3s and not that gay dark blue color .
I talked to the man at the dealer about the ACM ... We should decide together next week but I really don't like the ACM interface! :thumbsdown:
Plus I have the TV as factory, so what convenient feature could give me the ACM ?
Old 05-17-2008, 03:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AlexFW' post='582437' date='May 17 2008, 11:30 AM
Dension is better because you still have the interface of the CD to play mp3s and not that gay dark blue color .
I talked to the man at the dealer about the ACM ... We should decide together next week but I really don't like the ACM interface! :thumbsdown:
Pls I have the TV as factory, so what convenient feature could give me the ACM ?
2+2 integrated pure video inputs. Front cam + rear cam + DVD in + DVB in, or front/rear cams + 2X whatever Video inputs with sound via Aux-in (I believe that -in fact- Aux-in uses/swaps internally the CD changer audio input ...as you will never use simultaneously or superimposed both CD and Aux-in sound... (the same that Dension does in the background ...correct me Dension guys if I'm wrong)

+ Pure USB2/power support of any kind of video-audio-picture format for unlimited HDD/media space.
+ Battery Voltage/Coolant temp/Gas tank instant and reliable check-up.
+ Service menu with infos about software, input/output settings etc,

As for the interface/background color etc, I agree, they could have make it look better, but it's only visible until you make the selection, so, no big deal for me.
This software/interface is stored into the ACM module, so there is "0" delay when moving from one selection to another, as it will probably do if it was assigned to the already slow-moving entertainment I-Drive menu, surcharging the CCC memory and all further CCC functions ...menu quickness, navigation calculations, etc

I also have the OEM TV. When there is not something connected on the ACM TV input, the ACM TV/DVB menu selection simply re-directs you to the standard TV menu

Here are the differences between parts# of the 2 known ACM-kit versions, (different part# for ACM unit and CAN interface)
So, will current version of the kit has got even newer part numbers of those 2 parts???

I just can't believe that all these buyers can't have the USB function added....

ACM/USB retrofit just released-acm_versions_parts_low.jpg
Old 05-17-2008, 04:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY2005 E60 525i M Sports

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='582462' date='May 17 2008, 07:16 PM
I also have the OEM TV. When there is not something connected on the ACM TV input, the ACM TV/DVB menu selection simply re-directs you to the standard TV menu
Weird! Why didn't mine function like this before i installed the Dension IVE1000 for iPod Video through this menu? I thought it was meant for DVB-T input only...Oh well, at least i have all these functions working properly on my car...

Nick, are you planning to add-on this USB2 kit for the USB video capability? Do tell us if it will work coz' i have the early h/ware of the ACM which definitely does not have the USB menu on it (old firmware i think!)...this is actually just supposed to be an add-on to the ACM module, right?

WOW! with this kit installed on my car, it'll become a moving entertainment/multimedia player with everything on it- DVD+CD+iPod music+iPod video+A2DP music+USB music+USB video... tell me if it'll work with the early version ACM modules...i might consider this retrofit if it'll work without having the ACM to be replaced.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bmw_wpq31' post='582469' date='May 17 2008, 01:12 PM
Weird! Why didn't mine function like this before i installed the Dension IVE1000 for iPod Video through this menu? I thought it was meant for DVB-T input only...Oh well, at least i have all these functions working properly on my car...

Nick, are you planning to add-on this USB2 kit for the USB video capability? Do tell us if it will work coz' i have the early h/ware of the ACM which definitely does not have the USB menu on it (old firmware i think!)...this is actually just supposed to be an add-on to the ACM module, right?

WOW! with this kit installed on my car, it'll become a moving entertainment/multimedia player with everything on it- DVD+CD+iPod music+iPod video+A2DP music+USB music+USB video... tell me if it'll work with the early version ACM modules...i might consider this retrofit if it'll work without having the ACM to be replaced.
Why don't you update the software of the ACM module? it works the same as updating the progman....
Old 05-17-2008, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='582462' date='May 17 2008, 12:16 PM
2+2 integrated pure video inputs. Front cam + rear cam + DVD in + DVB in, or front/rear cams + 2X whatever Video inputs with sound via Aux-in (I believe that -in fact- Aux-in uses/swaps internally the CD changer audio input ...as you will never use simultaneously or superimposed both CD and Aux-in sound... (the same that Dension does in the background ...correct me Dension guys if I'm wrong)

+ Pure USB2 support of any kind of video-audio-picture format for unlimited HDD/media space.

As for the interface/background color etc, I agree, they could have make it look better, but it's only visible until you make the selection, so, no big deal for me.
??
And if I want to play mp3s ? Do I have to see that background ?
And if I want to use the navigation system and the mp3 playback together ?

Mh, ok .

PS :
Can I have ACM+Gateway 500, Bruce/Nick ?
Old 05-17-2008, 04:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AlexFW' post='582473

Can I have ACM+Gateway 500, Bruce/Nick ?
Can't see the reason why not... Totally different ways of connections and usage
Old 05-17-2008, 05:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='582477' date='May 17 2008, 01:32 PM
I'll let you know shortly (within the next 10 days)
Would you hurt if I beat you ?

Can't see the reason why not... Totally different ways of connections and usage
Mh, good, so the ACM can be fitted. If annoying, it will remain turned off. But it can be useful to know something about the Oil Temp etc.
Doesn't it have all voices from the secret men?, does it ? The real speed would be magnificent!!

PS:
Nick, when you have time pls tell me with a PM about that question about the hud.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmw_wpq31' post='582469' date='May 17 2008, 03:12 PM

I have the Hybrid OEM TV Tuner (Analog+Digital) so, I don't really know if it has the same effect on ACM, with the Standard TV Tuner (the same device with just DVB-Terrestrial digital signal support)

Of course I'll do

Quick Reply: ACM/USB retrofit just released