E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AC Schnitzer Roof Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Monaco Blue 535i Sport/Premium Package

Originally Posted by Kaizen
Nope, I used this method installing my RD sport ROOF spoiler. Just be sure that you balance and support whatever you are using to weigh it down properly. You wouldn't want any pressure dents on your roof. Just be smart about it and use common sense. This method worked well for me. It's on very tight using only 3M tape.
Cool man thanks.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by sebash
Read the post below you. that's the ticket. i just got in contact with a professional installer of AC S products. You can leave it out in the sun for a little bit to get it to be more pliable and then you have to fasten it to the roof while the epoxy bonds. In the AC S install booklet that shows how it's done there is a picture of about 4-5 suction cup/clamps that are used to create this bond.
I have the ACS roof spoiler. I haven't had the chance to install it yet. Where does one get the suction cup/clamps?
Old 08-04-2011, 06:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by balbs
I have the ACS roof spoiler. I haven't had the chance to install it yet. Where does one get the suction cup/clamps?
i'm sure you can get them at home depot but it seems like most people on here use tape in their place.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Members

i just found some on ebay. they look like this.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by sebash
i just found some on ebay. they look like this.

Man, it seems I can only find that in UK shops. Hmmm...I feel like biting the bullet though. I could use it to supplement the tape method.

BTW, when I had mine painted, they painted the bottom where the supplied adhesive would go. Now I have to sand that part to get the paint off for stronger adhesion. I should have masked that area first and let the body shop know.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:53 AM
Members

I just did my replica ACS rear window spoiler (from BMWChop) and although curved to fit the window fairly well, I still needed to use both the supplied 3M tape and the silicone epoxy that came with it. I tried just the 3M tape with the adhesion promoter first, but it just doesn't stick to glass as well as it does paint, but with the silicone glue and the tape, it's not going anywhere! I also used painter's tape to hold it down while the glue cured. I must say that quality of the BMWChop products is very good. I checked out the real ACS prior to ordering, and heck if I can tell the difference! They no longer supply the decal due to threat of being sued, but the decal is easy to find separately on eBay cheap. Paint color match was also spot on (A52, Space Gray). I also got the ACS trunk spoiler and am equally as happy with it! The 3M and adhesion promotor on the trunk sticks incredibly well, and the silicone tube is not needed for the trunk spoiler. Total ship time for both items/painted was 7 days from Taiwan to Atlanta.