E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

about quad exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i 07

for people who are modifying their cars and changing it to quad exhaust system why dont cut tail of the original exhaust and tget wo identical tails, and weld the tail pipe in the orginal exhaust and link iit the the other tail with a small tube or pipe so quad exhaust will be working normally ? did any one do that? coz i order m kit and i was planning in doing this?
Old 07-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i- Titanium Gray

Originally Posted by Bahabishoo' post='625158' date='Jul 15 2008, 11:13 PM
for people who are modifying their cars and changing it to quad exhaust system why dont cut tail of the original exhaust and tget wo identical tails, and weld the tail pipe in the orginal exhaust and link iit the the other tail with a small tube or pipe so quad exhaust will be working normally ? did any one do that? coz i order m kit and i was planning in doing this?
Not sure I understand what you mean??

Tails = tips??

Jake
Old 07-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Old 07-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Members

i know my english sucks i will try to rephrase what i said and u try to understand me lol right now what do u call the end part of the exhaust where u can see the two pipes, we call it in arabic "helyaa", well what i'm trying to say is instead of getting a new whole exhaust which will cost alot , get the exhaust pipes and join them with the original exhaust with a tube so both will work can you get it?? i feel frustated coz i dont know to express what i want to say
Old 07-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by Bahabishoo' post='625194' date='Jul 15 2008, 10:06 PM
i know my english sucks i will try to rephrase what i said and u try to understand me lol right now what do u call the end part of the exhaust where u can see the two pipes, we call it in arabic "helyaa", well what i'm trying to say is instead of getting a new whole exhaust which will cost alot , get the exhaust pipes and join them with the original exhaust with a tube so both will work can you get it?? i feel frustated coz i dont know to express what i want to say
The end parts of the exhaust is called exhaust tips brother No worries your english is great, I think you just tried to rush your post a bit. I know what your saying, but I think that might be a bit complicated, I'll let someone else chime in to confirm. When I got my exhaust done on my 535 I saw that there were 2 pipes running from the engine, it's pretty simple to run a quad on a 535 (other then the pain of getting a new diffuser too) I'm not sure what kind of E60 you have, update your profile
Old 07-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Members

thanks for the info lol well see right now i got 525i ok for people who wants to make it quad exhaust on their m kit , right now you got a new diffuser with two opening rigth, you can simply get exhaust tips and joing them by a tube with the original exhaust tips by welding them and thy will work normally can u get it now sir
Old 07-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

B ,I've read this 3 time and I'm still confused , now during that earthquake yesterday are you sure you didn't get hurt ????
Old 07-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BmW 545I, Titanium Gray, Black Interior with Bamboo Anthracite wood trim, Sport Package.

Let me explain, i think what our brother is trying to say is instead of getting a real dual exhaust system which costs LOTS OF MONEY, instead just do a dummy exhaust tips for looks and cut in to the 3 inch pipe thats currently running to the left side and put a pipe to the right side and ad tips to the right side? i think i hit the JACKPOT, wait did i? is that what your saying?
Old 07-16-2008, 02:52 AM
dri
Members

brother, i think u should do this rather than messing around with the piping. Get a DUAL TIP for your existing exhaust tip and replace them, and then just get another identical DUAL TIP for the right side, for a dummy exhaust. it's cheap, great for looks.

cons: since only the left side is working and exhausting fumes .. the right one will stay shiny and the left one will get dull as time goes by..

+ get a custom muffler that sounds real nice and gives u a little bit more throttle .. u be ready to rock the city of cairo..

good luck!
Old 07-16-2008, 03:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: stock non-sport alpine white '04 530i

i think hes talking about doing what remus does with their exhausts

Quick Reply: about quad exhaust