E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

About Aftermarket Parts on 550i

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been into modifying cars since highschool....

I promised myself that I won't be doing anymore of aftermarket tuning to my Vehicle after my subaru..

Hence.. i bought this 07 BMW 550i

But.. as most of you know.. it's an addiction that I cannnot overcome!

I've already ordered HID Fogs, AE, and LED's from John <Brabus>...(ah.. soo excited!!!) and i already had my car Tinted... It's been about a week that i've owned this 550i.. hahahahhah

I've been looking through after market products such as Dinan, Ess, RPi, and so forth...

I know that putting an aftermarket product on my Vehicle will result in stealership warranty failure so i won't even ask about that..(unless i get Dinan parts.. which seems to be way too pricy compared to other A/M products)

I just want some feed back from fellow BMW owners on this great forum

has Anyone gotten a ESS Flash tune on their 550i? (or a Dinan Tune?)

and upon installation of those A/M products (such as RPi ram Intake,Exhaust..) was there any system malfunction within the ECU or gettin any retarded error messages?

i don't want to put exhaust/intake/and other performance products without having an ECU tuned..
since i want to get the most out of the products that i buy.. ECU tune is a must.

any type of feed back would be great.. but considering the warranty issues.. i'm really considering Dinan parts.. but some of the forums users seems to dislike Dinan products (esp exhaust) for their rust issue?