E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

550i Project Journal

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 09:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Need more vids.
Hey boss. What sort of video do you want to see? A friend has one of those GoPro cameras- perhaps we can use it to make a short vid. Do you have any suggestions or ideas what to capture on video?

Originally Posted by leese8080
Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. Your car is very clean- tastefully modded. Beautiful HRE 21s those are.
Hi leese8080 You are welcome. Thank you for the kind words.

Originally Posted by boots
Good job and your car sounds pretty good. Expecially at the end of the video. I do think the change of the pully that lost power will be regained. What changes did you notice while driving it. Congrats.
Thanks boots. That video is from one of the break-in pulls. We only put down ~345 HP on that pull. If we were able to get ~100HP with only 4.5PSI, can't imagine where we will be sitting when we bring it up to the actual 7PSI. One would think the correct boost should be good for another ~40HP at the wheels, right?

Originally Posted by jjsigpi
YES!! Glad everything worked out nicely and there were not any problems with the install. Congrats man and hopefully you can take more vids!! I'll try and do the same in the near future...
Haha. Whats up jjsigpi! You were spot on about everything in your description of the kit. John at CarbConnection is a ninja. He had installed so many of these Magnuson superchargers that it was quite easy for him. He did the job in the book hours quoted by ESS and didn't have any problems with the install. Seriously though. If you are near the PNW and need somebody to trust with your e60 project, you've got to drop by and pay John a visit, if even to just stop and say hi. Please post some vids.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Videos please
(from inside, camera on the speedo)
Old 04-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 sport with all the fixins, 07 yukon with all the fixins.

Yea, I would think so. Im expecting 400hp. gotta have it. plus the way it should pull would be great. What changes have you noticed about the way your car drives now.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 550i sport

A good track video would be a start.

with stock components, rods, pistons,etc.. How much HP will the engine handle?
Old 04-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Senior Members

F*ck yea
Old 04-17-2012, 09:42 PM
dsm
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Titanium Silver Metallic Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Popular Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close, Heated Steering wheel, Dynamic Drive, Voice commands

waiting for the videos
Old 04-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

DIZAM!! Sounds MEAN!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by west
John gave the car his blessing today and we tossed it on his Dyno.

ESS claims that the supercharger will show 7PSI of boost on a stock 550i. We saw 4.5PSI on my 550i, but it had already been modded before installing the supercharger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ZXIjdVj28

Here is the dyno sheet showing the gains that 4.5PSI of boost made:

Attachment 132136

Can only wonder what will happen if we change the pulley out to recover that lost 2.5PSI.

For you video junkies, here's a video of the car on the dyno (appologies ahead of time as the car is extremely dirty):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PLFHhhx3-M

Overall I'm extremely pleased with the results even though we're only running partial boost. Working with John and Alex at CarbConnection is always a pleasure. Thanks John/Alex if you see this!
Wow!!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boots
Yea, I would think so. Im expecting 400hp. gotta have it. plus the way it should pull would be great. What changes have you noticed about the way your car drives now.
The car feels like it has different 'sweet spot' ranges now. What I mean by that is that before the supercharger was installed, there were a ranges on the speedo/tach that would cause a good launch if you floored the pedal, but those ranges seem to have moved now. It's going to take a bit of driving to discover where those ranges are. The car still has dead zones but it's more alive in those dead zones if that makes any sense. Same goes for the sweet spot ranges..the car is more alive in the sweet spot ranges as well. The locations of where these were before and after the supercharger was installed seems to have shifted around.

Originally Posted by nairb
A good track video would be a start.

with stock components, rods, pistons,etc.. How much HP will the engine handle?
Will post a video in time. Just want to be sure the kit is running at the rated power (6.5-7PSI) before we start getting taking footage.

No idea how much the engine will handle with stock internals. The i6 guys are running ~600hp on that block with stock internals...no idea if that is possible on the v8 or not. My guess would be that it's probably possible.

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
DIZAM!! Sounds MEAN!
Thanks mang!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:53 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 sport with all the fixins, 07 yukon with all the fixins.

I hope I speak for us all when we were waiting and wanting you to be like This is the shiznic and you just gotta have it!! I could be wrong and your just mellow and subdued still taking it all in. Or on the flip side, you haven't stomped on it yet and are still breaking it in.

Quick Reply: 550i Project Journal