E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

545 or 550 owners with Remus Quads?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i- Titanium Gray
Thumbs up

Guys I recently installed a custom quad set up with Magnaflow but it is just a bit loud in the cabin for my old ears. I have heard the sound clips of the Remus Quad set up for my 545 and it sounds quite a bit quieter. I am not worried about it being too quiet, rather still loud in the cabin. So if anyone has this set up or has heard it inside and out can you comment? I know it utilizes somewhat of a "DUMMY" exhaust for the passenger side and that doesnt bother me.

Jake
Old 07-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Contributors

Bump
Old 07-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

Jake, the Remus Quad for the 545 is very conservative, with a slight growl. You should pm rodybmw, he is an expert on the Remus exhaust and cabin noise.

IMO, I would go stick with the magnaflow and add another resonator to tone down the drone.

-John
Old 07-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Members

I was the first to get the quad remus.. Rodybmw rode in my car right after I got it installed. We'll both tell you that there is zero droning (I have a 550) and it's quiet in the cabin. I can take calls in there and it sounds great. Now when I get on the gas hard, it growls hard and loud. Loud enough where my wife does notice when i'm on the phone with her that i'm racing at a light

windows down, outside it'll turn heads everytime you get on the gas. It's got a good rumble at startup then mellows out to a purr.

I'd suggest it to anyone who wants it beefy when they get on the exhaust but want zero drone in cabin and relatively stock quiet at slow idle or cruise control.

Now, that being said I still debate on a center resonator delete, which I still might do and put it back on if i don't like it. I think it'll be too loud.. i'm still hoping someone else tries it first..

if you hate the magnaflow.. remus you'll love. I had a magnaflow on an old car, and to be honest I never liked the sound. Too muscle car sounding like a mustang. The remus gives a good german growl.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by newbiebimmer' post='618631' date='Jul 8 2008, 03:45 AM
I was the first to get the quad remus.. Rodybmw rode in my car right after I got it installed. We'll both tell you that there is zero droning (I have a 550) and it's quiet in the cabin. I can take calls in there and it sounds great. Now when I get on the gas hard, it growls hard and loud. Loud enough where my wife does notice when i'm on the phone with her that i'm racing at a light

windows down, outside it'll turn heads everytime you get on the gas. It's got a good rumble at startup then mellows out to a purr.

I'd suggest it to anyone who wants it beefy when they get on the exhaust but want zero drone in cabin and relatively stock quiet at slow idle or cruise control.

Now, that being said I still debate on a center resonator delete, which I still might do and put it back on if i don't like it. I think it'll be too loud.. i'm still hoping someone else tries it first..

if you hate the magnaflow.. remus you'll love. I had a magnaflow on an old car, and to be honest I never liked the sound. Too muscle car sounding like a mustang. The remus gives a good german growl.
THANK YOU!! That is exactly what I am looking for. Its so hard to tell on sound clips what you get in the cabin and I love the sound from the outside but cannot stand the drone. I am going to pull the trigger today and reinstall the factory resonators etc... I think you are right about deleting the center res., it would be loud...thats how mine is now.

Jake
Old 07-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

just remove the large resonator and hold the exhaust flap open, free exhaust upgrade
Old 07-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Members

where can i hear the remus exhaust?
Old 07-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by phocker' post='634721' date='Jul 28 2008, 08:47 PM
where can i hear the remus exhaust?
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry457487

post #14...
Old 07-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by newbiebimmer' post='618631' date='Jul 8 2008, 01:45 AM

Do you have the single muffler set-up for the Remus?

I'm looking at the custom dual muffler set-up that macfly had done.

Macfly - you out there

What's the sound, droning difference?
Old 07-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by p3style' post='634732' date='Jul 28 2008, 11:10 PM
Do you have the single muffler set-up for the Remus?

I'm looking at the custom dual muffler set-up that macfly had done.

Macfly - you out there

What's the sound, droning difference?

I am very happy with the Remus quad (dual) set up. I went from stock to magnaflow which had crazy droning to this remus and it has almost zero droning in the cabin and sounds great outside. As others have mentioned it is a tamer exhaust but it sounds great in my opinion.

Jake

Quick Reply: 545 or 550 owners with Remus Quads?