E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

535d Just near 150mph VIDEO :-)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d, remap, 341 bhp, 660 nm torque, eisenmann quad exhaust, 20" Breyton Race GTSR-M's, carbon front splitters, carbon rear diffuser, HID lights, LED plate lights, carbon grille, carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, custom led side repeaters, led angel eyes, sprint booster v2, de badged, carbon badges, heads up display, black piano trim, step auto, sport package, hi fi sound, heated seats, pro nav, 295/25/20 conti sport contacts, anthracite head lining.

Hi Guys, check out the video of me and my 535D at Bruntingthorpe track. It's 1.86 miles on the straight, i could have hit 150 but i bottled it a bit!
Great fun tho

Comments please!
I reckon the problem is at about 130mph the car needs more air intake, so next thing to put on is a high airflow air filter and some forced induction.
Any other ideas?
It's already mapped with eisenman cat back exhaust.

Check out the Revo tuning crew in the background doing a photo shoot for an up and coming U.S. magazine! They loved the E60
Old 11-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: E61 LCI 535dA SportEdition 2010

Did you take off the DPF filter, while you changed exhaust? If you do not, itīs next mod if you want more power.
Intake is not a problem, but it will be if you going to modify it. I have seen with my own eyes, how my friends 535d gives 20-30 horsepower LESS in dyno with K&N filter, than OEM filter! Even the best ecutuner in Finland could not help with it by programmin car for that filter. He also said he had seen many similar cases with diesel bmw:s, where the car behaves badly and does not give power, and the reason has always been aimed at tuning filter.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d, remap, 341 bhp, 660 nm torque, eisenmann quad exhaust, 20" Breyton Race GTSR-M's, carbon front splitters, carbon rear diffuser, HID lights, LED plate lights, carbon grille, carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, custom led side repeaters, led angel eyes, sprint booster v2, de badged, carbon badges, heads up display, black piano trim, step auto, sport package, hi fi sound, heated seats, pro nav, 295/25/20 conti sport contacts, anthracite head lining.

Wow. Thanks for that Matson. Liking your ride btw!
So to remove the dpf, is it just a case of taking it off and replacing it with a straight through pipe or is there anything else I would have to do?
Also will it cause any errors on the dash?
And will it make the exhaust sound better do you think?
Old 11-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Cant argue with the 535D no sir! , had my 530D at 120mph and that was plenty for me lol.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Members

Weird tho the way 150 on a track feels like 90 on the road( not that I do that of course)
How you doin anyway blood? Any new mods? I am thinking of removing more stuff from the exhaust for more power and sound. Any suggestions?
Old 11-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

IM good thanks. No help im afraid, I don`t anything about the rear of the car lol im a guy and dont go near rear ends
Old 11-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW

Originally Posted by M4ximillion
I am thinking of removing more stuff from the exhaust for more power and sound. Any suggestions?
DPF removal - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E60-530D-525D-DPF-OFF-DECAT-DOWNPIPE-STN-STEEL-/260695144972?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb2a43a0c
However with the DPF removed I think the car will be a right smoker!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:52 AM
Contributors

Wow

Yea pdf off with a straight through and remapping and coding to remove the dpf from the ecu, will give you more bhp

You can fit a bigger Front mounted intercooler too

The weakpoint will be the gearbox and possibly the torque converters, I'm not sure what replacements are about that would be cost effective though
Old 11-28-2010, 03:00 AM
Members

Re:autobox problems. I know one of the tuners over here in NI has got around the problem by fitting an oil cooler for the autobox, not sure about details but apparently has sorted his problems.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:35 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: E61 LCI 535dA SportEdition 2010

Originally Posted by M4ximillion
Wow. Thanks for that Matson. Liking your ride btw!
So to remove the dpf, is it just a case of taking it off and replacing it with a straight through pipe or is there anything else I would have to do?
Also will it cause any errors on the dash?
And will it make the exhaust sound better do you think?
Thanks!
You just can replace dpf with straight pipes, but its beter if you can find some who can program your car for that, otherwise you get some fault codes and car is doing dpf-burning very often.. it does not affect driving, but..

You get little bit lower sound, but not too much. Smoke is not a problem, here is a picture of me from my car on 1/4mile track
(and yes, there is everything on the game what you can have wiht stock nozzles)

Bigger intercooler does not make a lot more than nothing, nozzles and fuel pump are bottle neck with 535d:s..

ps. iīm sorry about my english, but ask if you didnīt understand something

Quick Reply: 535d Just near 150mph VIDEO :-)