E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

530i Audio Build Log Take 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 01:22 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Sapphire black-stealth e60

Im am jealous.....but i wont let that get in the way well done bro well worth the medals in my eyes great work��
Old 03-30-2013, 03:25 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

That's something else of a system, Nelson.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

very nice system

p/s/ technic..i want to ask u if i can buy all the parts i need from u so i can add the center dash speaker.

thx u
Old 03-31-2013, 05:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

What are you doing for connecting an iPod/iPhone?
I'm thinking about changing my connection.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
What are you doing for connecting an iPod/iPhone?
I'm thinking about changing my connection.
I did the cic retrofit with 6NR and 6FL.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Trying to decide what to do.
I'm currently running an Apple composite cable into the BitOne, but I'm getting alternator noise at higher volume.

Do you have a mapping of the Logic7 amp outputs? I feel like I might not have them hooked up, or identified to th BitOne correctly, either.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:57 PM
Contributors

Bitone is notoriously known for having noise issues. I got rid of mines years ago. I've used pretty much ever dsp out there and currently have the Arc PS8, Helix C-dsp, Mosconi 6to8 and Zapco Z8. Since you have the Logic7 why aren't you using a mobridge DA2?
Old 03-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nelson29
Bitone is notoriously known for having noise issues. I got rid of mines years ago. I've used pretty much ever dsp out there and currently have the Arc PS8, Helix C-dsp, Mosconi 6to8 and Zapco Z8. Since you have the Logic7 why aren't you using a mobridge DA2?
Because I don't have an iPod connection for the factory radio. It was not available when I got the car. Second reason is because you lose all directional sounds with mobridge since its only stereo. ie park distance beeps won't be directional anymore.

I have an iPad with optical out which sounds excellent but it won't charge. Plus the iPad is rather cumbersome.

The E60 itself has alternator noise even when I shut down all power to the audio system, which is strange. I don't get noise on the master input but do get it with my iPod aux. I'm sure it's because of the charging connection, but haven't found a solution yet.

Last edited by subterFUSE; 03-31-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Contributors

Why don't you get a Dension 500? You can also hardwire a charging cable iPod/IPad.

Another option is the Focal Ibox IBox from Focal: New WiFi interface - DIYMA Car Audio Forum I'm thinking about buying one. I heard a car that had it in SBN..It sounded phenomenal!!

I have no alternator noise in my E60. You might want to try this MSD Noise Filters 8830 - Mobile SummitRacing.com
Old 04-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Contributors

Why don't you get a Dension 500? You can also hardwire a charging cable iPod/IPad.
I've resisted the Dension and the CIC retrofit because of cost, and because I would prefer to have a direct connection to the BitOne. I have my Logic7 feeding the BitOne so that I can still have the car's audio features work when needed, but for listening to music I have been using an AUX input on the BitOne that I must switch to. I'm convinced this is the better solution for quality.

I am using a hardwired Apple charging/composite cable. That's what's giving me the alternator noise right now.

Another option is the Focal Ibox IBox from Focal: New WiFi interface - DIYMA Car Audio Forum I'm thinking about buying one. I heard a car that had it in SBN..It sounded phenomenal!!
Just read briefly some of that thread, but that iBox sounds very nice. In fact, I had just been thinking about using an AppleTV in a similar manner. About 2 weeks ago we got a new Apple TV box, and so I had the old one lying around. When I was looking at it and remembered it has an Optical Digital output I decided to test that out. I hooked it up to an old preamp with Optical input, and used AirPlay to play music. It worked very well. So I then started to entertain the idea of using the Apple TV in my car to get an Optical output that I could plug into the BitOne. The drawbacks I found were that AirPlay requires a WiFi router to work, and when connected to a WiFi router the iPad/iPhone shut down their cellular data connections. So that would mean AirPlay could probably work in a car, but I would not be able to check email or do anything requiring data.... unless I had the router connected to some internet source. So, I decided to pass on that idea.

This week I have been testing out my iPad with a Cables To Go dongle that connects via USB and gives an Optical output. It works via the Apple camera adapter. I then use the Optical input on the BitOne. This is by far the best quality connection I have tested on my BitOne. Great sound and zero noise. Only drawbacks are the size of the iPad itself, and the fact that I haven't found a way to charge the iPad in this scenario.

I have no alternator noise in my E60. You might want to try this MSD Noise Filters 8830 - Mobile SummitRacing.com
Never heard of those. How does it work? Have you used one before?
I'm only getting noise on my iPod charging cable into the BitOne Aux Input. The Master input, and the Optical Digital Input do not have any alternator noise.
Is this something that could be used for an Aux input?

I ordered an iStreamer 12V this morning. Will test that out on Thursday when it arrives. I'm hoping this will give me a better solution for connecting iPhone/iPod/iPad to the BitOne while charging the iDevice. And of course, I'm hoping this does better with the noise I'm getting currently on the AUX connection. If it works, then I think I will get the iStreamer installed next week. If not, then I'll just return it and keep searching for an alternative.

Last edited by subterFUSE; 04-02-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Quick Reply: 530i Audio Build Log Take 2