E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

520D DMS Remap

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 700700' post='255438' date='Mar 15 2006, 10:37 PM
i have not tried DMS diesel tuning, but i have a friend with a 163bhp e90 diesel
chipped by kelleners to 205bhp/420nm , and he has no problems with reliability
besides i have only ever heard of two people whining about blown engines with dms...
and that are sl55 amg owners (search on mbworld, or was it rennteam...somewhere)
Hi Guys

Mike Cooper from DMS Automotive here. Thanks for all the kind comments from previous customers. We are currently running an E90 320D M Sport for one of our engineers. It is a cracking little car and the upgrade is incredibly smooth.

We currently run a scheme with the BMWLand forum whereby registered members can enjoy a discount. The deal is 25% discount if the car is brought to us or 10% discount if we go to the car. This covers all current BMW's from the 118D to the V10 M5 and V10 M6.

All we ask is that some form of registration etc exists so that the offer is not open to all and sundry.

If any existing forum members are now feeling agrieved at paying full price just make us aware of this at the time of the next upgrade and we will look after you.

The 320D we run is about to be featured in a monthly BMW publication but until they've finalised the article I'm afraid I can't say which one.

If anybody wants a chat about any of the upgrades just give me a call on 01264 729016.

Mike Cooper
Old 03-16-2006, 04:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

Originally Posted by mikecooper' post='255546' date='Mar 16 2006, 05:42 AM
Hi Guys

Mike Cooper from DMS Automotive here. Thanks for all the kind comments from previous customers. We are currently running an E90 320D M Sport for one of our engineers. It is a cracking little car and the upgrade is incredibly smooth.

We currently run a scheme with the BMWLand forum whereby registered members can enjoy a discount. The deal is 25% discount if the car is brought to us or 10% discount if we go to the car. This covers all current BMW's from the 118D to the V10 M5 and V10 M6.

All we ask is that some form of registration etc exists so that the offer is not open to all and sundry.

If any existing forum members are now feeling agrieved at paying full price just make us aware of this at the time of the next upgrade and we will look after you.

The 320D we run is about to be featured in a monthly BMW publication but until they've finalised the article I'm afraid I can't say which one.

If anybody wants a chat about any of the upgrades just give me a call on 01264 729016.

Mike Cooper
Mike,

So glad you joined as their are plenty on here interested in DMS re-maps. I've had some interest & questions asked after posting about my DMS re-map & also many on here already have DMS re-maps.

Your DMS 320D looked fine to me when it pulled up at mine on Monday for my re re-map & i asked the guys how they found it & they're very happy with it.

Once again, many many thnaks for the excellent customer service & to say i'm loving my DMS re-map would be an understatement.

Regards,

Paul
Old 03-16-2006, 05:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530d Touring
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by mikecooper' post='255546' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:42 AM
Hi Guys

Mike Cooper

Hi Mike,

Nice to see you on here.

Can we take it that e60.net forum members can now take advantage of this offer too??

cheers

Guy
Old 03-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d F10, Sport Auto, Black, sun protection, Oyster/Black with Anthracite, Ambient lighting.

Originally Posted by mikecooper' post='255546' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:42 AM
Hi Guys

Mike Cooper

Have been considering a re-map on my 520d, how would it effect my warranty with BMW (car is only 5 months old), will they be able to detect it when it goes in for a service. Also the 520d has a diesel particle filter, I have read on another forum that because of this, chipping is not recomended???
Old 03-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Singh' post='255092' date='Mar 15 2006, 03:05 PM
Enquired into one and they take power to 208 bhp and 405 Nm!!!

Is that safe??! + 45 bhp!!
Anyone had any experience with new 2litre remapped diesel?
One thing is for sure - it is not safe.

The hp's are probably done by increasing the rpm but the torgue is the thing
I'm more worried about.

The BMW factury has diesel engines that produce more than 560 Nm of torgue
and 272 hp but what's even more imporant, they have transmissions that can
cope with that kind of power.

The remap is easily done these days but you'll lose the factory warrants.

In the lenght it will cost you more than you get!
Old 03-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

Originally Posted by KAF' post='255255' date='Mar 15 2006, 03:09 PM
That report is OK for great linguists like you Belgians
( Any country that has two official languages, despite the fact that nobody speaks either of them has my admiration )
But the German text was too tough for my ancient schoolboy expertise
Correction, believe it or not, but German is also an official language in Belgium
and ur damn right, we really speak none of them properly, but since we borrowed the flemish from the dutch, french from the french and German from the germans, we have a good excuse
Old 04-20-2006, 07:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 520d M Sport Titanium Silver, 6-speed Manual, new style Start/Stop ignition, Black Dakota Leather, bluetooth, Nav via Tomtom One on a brodit dashmount

Wondered if anyone has had the dms remap on a 520d yet?
Old 04-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='255725' date='Mar 16 2006, 07:24 PM
One thing is for sure - it is not safe.

The hp's are probably done by increasing the rpm but the torgue is the thing
I'm more worried about.

The BMW factury has diesel engines that produce more than 560 Nm of torgue
and 272 hp but what's even more imporant, they have transmissions that can
cope with that kind of power.

The remap is easily done these days but you'll lose the factory warrants.

In the lenght it will cost you more than you get!
I believe DMS guarantee non-detectability to cover the warranty issue. An indeed they do 'free' remaps if the dealer splats over your DMS'd map...

But more importantly I thought the transmissions were basically the same across the range so the 520d 'box can handle it...
Old 04-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mikecooper' post='255546' date='Mar 16 2006, 11:42 AM
Now that's what you call service!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 04:01 AM
Members

I've covered nearly 1500 miles and the engine is loosening up. Its fairly brisk accelleration,
i guess i expected more punch.

I'm not too keen on the auto change at around 40mph. the gear ratios could be improved.

Just wondering whens the best time to remap the engine.

I was thinking at around 10,000 miles.

Need to get some 19's on her - should improve the handling.

Quick Reply: 520D DMS Remap