E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

$2500 for 20" wheels/tires...which to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 06:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by E60 545i SPORT
Hey guys I just sold my m167s and I am looking for another set. I think I want to go with 20's and a lip on this set. Any recommendations?

For 2500 for wheels AND tires, you might consider Breytons.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Contributors

I want to do the same. I want to sell my 167's. But I cant decide what to get either
Old 05-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bj545i
would the new Vossen Cv-1 concave's fit the budget?Looks like new thang blang
+1 .. Those Vossen wheels aer hawt!!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: AW E46 M3 Vert

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
i think everyone and their mother gets forgestar because they think they are better than cast wheels when they really arent anything special

if i were you, id contact EAS who does custom VMR VB3 colors and get the matte bronze and some Advan tires

they were doing some specials and the color looked great
Dude you're suggesting something that is the opposite of what I'm looking for, i stated I want 20" wheels with a lip...Also u think bronze and gray will go well together? Imo forgestar wheels are better than cast wheels but that's not the reason I'm considering them, I like the step lip on them and the price is good @1600-1700 shipped for wheels, I also like the fact that I can choose offsets and colors.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i

I have a set of Iforged vertex powdercoated matte black that Im thinking about letting go for around $2000. Let me know if your interested.$2500 for 20" wheels/tires...which to buy?-img_0750.jpgClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0750.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	105189 I cracked one of the wheels and sent it into iforged and they repaired it perfectly, here is an image of the repaired wheel, it is now powder coated matte black $2500 for 20" wheels/tires...which to buy?-img_0618.jpg
Attached Thumbnails $2500 for 20" wheels/tires...which to buy?-img_0650.jpg  
Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Senior Members

^ those are sweet but I wish the lip wasn't black. I think the all black wheel looks good on black cars only. Good price too, this sucks
Old 05-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60 545i SPORT
Dude you're suggesting something that is the opposite of what I'm looking for, i stated I want 20" wheels with a lip...Also u think bronze and gray will go well together? Imo forgestar wheels are better than cast wheels but that's not the reason I'm considering them, I like the step lip on them and the price is good @1600-1700 shipped for wheels, I also like the fact that I can choose offsets and colors.
K here are some of my observations from your post right here

1) lips are great but if you dont get a deep lip there isnt any point in trying to get a "mini lip" IMHO
2) Forgestar are the same as cast, its just a different cast method and they are charging a lot for it
3) Its going to be very hard for you to find 20's that are in customizable offsets with a step lip that are not used.
4) You dont get the choose your offsets at all, they just have a few different ones they have made for the wheels, choosing would mean you request et15 etc and they make it, like DPE and HRE do.
5) Bronze and silver go really well together
6) They have TWO colors, lol
Old 05-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
K here are some of my observations from your post right here

1) lips are great but if you dont get a deep lip there isnt any point in trying to get a "mini lip" IMHO
2) Forgestar are the same as cast, its just a different cast method and they are charging a lot for it
3) Its going to be very hard for you to find 20's that are in customizable offsets with a step lip that are not used.
4) You dont get the choose your offsets at all, they just have a few different ones they have made for the wheels, choosing would mean you request et15 etc and they make it, like DPE and HRE do.
5) Bronze and silver go really well together
6) They have TWO colors, lol
K here are some of my observations from YOUR post right here

1) i wouldnt say the f10's have a "mini lip"...look at the pics i posted and u can see they are a decent size...im assuming 3" in the rear.
2)$1600 for 20's shipped isnt alot imo....

taken from forgestars site:

FLOW-FORMING

Forgestar's flowforming process is a unique solution to a common problem ? how to make a wheel both light and strong.

This specialized process begins with a low pressure type of casting and uses a special machine that spins the initial casting, heats the outer portion of the casting and then uses steel rollers pressed against the rim area to pull the rim to its final width and shape. The combination of the heat, pressure and spinning create a rim area with the strength similar to a forged wheel. During Flow Forming, the pressure applied to the cast rim actually changes its mechanical properties, so its strength and impact values become similar to those of a forged rim. That translates to up to 15% less weight when compared to a standard cast wheel. The resulting grain structure within the alloy of the wheel is linear, flowing in a single direction.

3)i found the f10's, they are not customizable but thats what spacers are for.
4)i get to choose between different offsets that they offer therefore i do get to choose. i never said id get to choose my own offset.
5)my car is gray
6)they have 3
Old 05-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Howitzer
$1,610 for BMW 19" style 128's from Garry @ Newport BMW, R.I. That isn't including shipping. But damn, I love those wheels! Plus they are OEM quality.

Look how sexy they are!
Great looking wheels and not that common to see on an E60.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Contributors

cast is cast, but good luck in your search

Quick Reply: $2500 for 20" wheels/tires...which to buy?