E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

2008 E60 535i Modification thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 04:45 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535I

Originally Posted by Art83
thanks for your post man...glad from someone (and see some pics) who owns a 08 535i and has some mods to show us. Mad props for your ride, it looks really clean. However, i do agree with others when it comes to M5Tech and MTech comments... some people prefer the M5 look (like myself) while others like the MTech... some don't care as long as its not the stock. but anyway.... one question I have for you is regarding your Magnaflow... I saw this exhaust online and wanted to get it...but someone didn't recommend me as the sound was "too loud" for a performance exhaust expected for a BMW. What's your opinion?
Hey Art, I don't think it;s too loud at all. There is a little drone (that has actually improved, or I've gotten more used to it) around 2k but, for me, it's a great middle ground between stock and typical aftermarket. When comparing mine to others that I know, mine is quieter then theirs so I think it comes down to personal preference.

Here is it at idle from outside the car

Here it is while driving

Old 02-26-2012, 06:33 AM
Members

I had a few people ask for updated engine photos - here are a few with the methanol, hobbs switch and OCC.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

Very nice car!

I love the design of the ER CP.

How do you like the Burger OCC? I've heard good things.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Sublime
Very nice car!

I love the design of the ER CP.

How do you like the Burger OCC? I've heard good things.
No problems at all with it. The design is very nice - Terry always does a great job with his products (although, Terry, how about some good DIY instructions for us) and the install went pretty well. The only issue was the bracket was designed for a 335 sway bar (they are different) but I knew about this going into the install (I think I was the first, or one of the first, to install the OCC on a 5'er. I am pretty sure Terry has since made a bracket for the 535i specifically now.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by SoCalM5Mang
Your CAR is RETARDED BRO! Mad Props. I'm going to follow your lead before the year is over for sure.
haha.. thanks man! I'm going to try and put up more information soon... my PM box has been pretty active lately.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by xclone
Been running it for about 6 months. I can't really see how that would cause your turbos to "overheat" by themselves. If you are running a tune and running it hard in 100+ degree weather sure, but that would overheat regardless. I haven't seen any problems and this has been tracked at the 1/4 mile strip.

From what I was told, the Mtech bumper uses the stock 535i fogs. The M5Tech uses the M5 fog lights. These are definitely M5 foglights. I ordered the M5Tech from Umnitza and im pretty sure that is what I have on it. Obviously, I am more concerned about the look then the name.
Not sure either. I am assuming tgevturbis over heated. Three times while I had then on mine I got the 1/2 eng power light with reduced power. Felt like the turbos had stopped. After everything cooled down all was ok. It could have been a inlet air problem too i guess. Once removed I've never had the problem again. I am confident they caused my the problems. I liked them otter than that. Looked good and sounded like a snake!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:20 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 535i
Model Year: 09

I believe since he has aftermarket FMIC an open intake wont cause heat soak.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Not sure either. I am assuming tgevturbis over heated. Three times while I had then on mine I got the 1/2 eng power light with reduced power. Felt like the turbos had stopped. After everything cooled down all was ok. It could have been a inlet air problem too i guess. Once removed I've never had the problem again. I am confident they caused my the problems. I liked them otter than that. Looked good and sounded like a snake!
Definitely sounds like you got heat soaked (and went into limp mode). An open intake will do that as well as a closed intake if you are running the car hard. A few other 535i guys have that issue when tracking their cars so it seems like you'll need to put in some work if you are running the car hard. The 3 series is a much more efficient design and their intercoolers are larger then ours are (OEM). Adding an aftermarket FMIC will definitely help. There is no true CAI intake that I have found for the 535i.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:27 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 535i jb4 dci downpipe

I have a set of OEM DPs for my 08 535i and I'm getting the cats removed this weekend and putting those on. Wonder if the gains will be similar to aftermarket DPs? I was told that no one removed their OEM cats because they are so expensive. I paid next to nothing for these. Just wanted to bounce if off the pros out there.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:22 AM
New Members

My Ride: bmw e60

is the front bumper easy to install? do I have to get extra hardware to fit it??

Quick Reply: 2008 E60 535i Modification thread