E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

1st white mice again on this forum.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by miguex' post='1027822' date='Oct 9 2009, 02:13 AM
I had Pulstar on my 545i before. Honestly they only will give the car a better fuel mileage but hp gains I don't know (I didn't feel any gains maybe a minimal but not noticeable on V8) but when I replaced them with BOSCH IR Fusion, big difference and there are feelings about HP/Torque gains but of course I tested the OEM ones (NGK) after the IR Fusion to compare. The IR Fusion is the hands down!!. In summary if you want to save fuel Pulstar is the best choice and for power get Bosch IR Fusion. That is my IMO obviously.
In next month my car needs new spark plugs so I will try with NGK Iridium and new BRISK (with LSG Technology, http://www.briskusa.com/products.htm#premium)

I believe I have posted about this months ago (I tried to find it in the search and no luck).

Pingu, please do it and tell us maybe L6 is different.
seems a lot of people are v happy with IR fusion. I was skeptical at first when I saw brisk's claim on multiple sparks but the sparks produced as shown in their video is quite amazing.

http://www.briskusa.com/media/PressC...gnitionSim.wmv
Old 10-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by kcleung' post='1032934' date='Oct 15 2009, 05:27 PM
seems a lot of people are v happy with IR fusion. I was skeptical at first when I saw brisk's claim on multiple sparks but the sparks produced as shown in their video is quite amazing.

link dose not work
Old 10-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kcleung' post='1032934' date='Oct 15 2009, 05:27 PM

these are very good but dont last long.
what I what is to save fuel and last much longer than oem to save the planet
also it not the power that I what. it is more mpg.
If BMWHK will ship D car into HK then I dont need to mod the car to get more mpg out of it
Old 10-20-2009, 01:37 AM
Senior Members

As a background, I have the Japanese made Splitfire Direct Ignition System installed and previously I had the Okada Direct installed as well.

Just a pointer: after my experience with both of the direct ignition coils system, really they are almost the same thing if you ask me, it is only that I prefer the Splitfire version. And for all those who argue that this product is a complete useless mod, then I dare you to challenge me on the road for a simple 0-100 km/h pickup with the same config

Anyway, I guess after the amplifying effect of the direct ignition coils, the addition of the Pulstar Pulse Plugs really cannot give me a further and obvious boost to the 0-100 km/h pick up. And regarding the fuel comsumption, I guess this result would have to wait until I got them on for maybe a few tanks of fuel; right now I am still very much into the agressive pickup, that, is really no help for me to observe if the fuel comsumption is ever saved

End of report... Capt. pinguhk, here is the report I promised
Old 10-20-2009, 03:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wnshie' post='1036450' date='Oct 20 2009, 05:37 PM
As a background, I have the Japanese made Splitfire Direct Ignition System installed and previously I had the Okada Direct installed as well.

Just a pointer: after my experience with both of the direct ignition coils system, really they are almost the same thing if you ask me, it is only that I prefer the Splitfire version. And for all those who argue that this product is a complete useless mod, then I dare you to challenge me on the road for a simple 0-100 km/h pickup with the same config

Anyway, I guess after the amplifying effect of the direct ignition coils, the addition of the Pulstar Pulse Plugs really cannot give me a further and obvious boost to the 0-100 km/h pick up. And regarding the fuel comsumption, I guess this result would have to wait until I got them on for maybe a few tanks of fuel; right now I am still very much into the agressive pickup, that, is really no help for me to observe if the fuel comsumption is ever saved

thanks for the info
Old 03-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Senior Members

I just realise I never quite finished my report with the Splitfire, well, my e60 was doing 4.5km/L, after Splitfire, she is doing easily 5.0km/L(full blast most of the time) to 7.0km/L(already with occasional full blast)... looks like it is worth every penny... however, I won't be able to enjoy it further, since I sold my E60 already *sob*

Originally Posted by wnshie

Old 03-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wnshie
I just realise I never quite finished my report with the Splitfire, well, my e60 was doing 4.5km/L, after Splitfire, she is doing easily 5.0km/L(full blast most of the time) to 7.0km/L(already with occasional full blast)... looks like it is worth every penny... however, I won't be able to enjoy it further, since I sold my E60 already *sob*

Tempted to buy it and get it installed.......
Old 03-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

what does this really do? And how is the installation??
Old 03-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

I mean it looks like a really good upgrade if it increases hp. The Brisk fusion thing
Old 03-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22
what does this really do? And how is the installation??
I think bascially it increases the spark fire compared to the stock,
so it will burn fuel more efficiently and hence for the power gains

Quick Reply: 1st white mice again on this forum.