E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

07 E61 Driver seat memory not writing and key fobs not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 03:45 PM
Probation Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 530xi Wagon
Model Year: 2007
Engine: 3.0L V6
Default 07 E61 Driver seat memory not writing and key fobs not working

I am having two issues on my 07 E61 that I am unsure if they are related or just coincident.

We have been having a particularly wet summer and after loading up the back on a rainy day the key fob seemed to start working intermittently. Initially I thought that the key fob battery had died and changed the battery, used the spare, and wedged some paper in the casing to insure the battery was touching the contacts. The fobs would then wouldn't work, and it took me too long to realize that it correlated with the weather. Until two days ago, when it poured and now nether of the key fobs work. I removed the covers on the wires that route though the hatch and the spoiler and was able to verify all the wires are intact. I checked all fuses and they are good so my next thought is the diversity module. When I scan the car I have a communication error from the keyless entry, I can't remember the exact error but I can update later. I have one ordered but it is a week away.

Yesterday the wife drove and wanted to adjust the drivers seat and save it to memory, but it wouldn't write. At first I thought it was operator error, but I verified it doesn't work on either preset. The seats and mirrors still move just fine they just do not save new presets on the drivers seat only. The passenger seat does save presets to memory. I can confirm they did work three months ago.

Now idk if these issues are related or if they just coincident and thought the hive mind here may have some insight. Some background on the car, Two months ago my rear sunroof drains clogged and flooded the spare tire wheel well, frying the MPM. I have since replaced the MPM, power distribution module, reprogramed, and cleared the sunroof drains. During this time I disconnected the battery multiple times and left it unplugged for an entire weekend while I ran a fan and dehumidifier in the car. Everything else on the car operates as it should.
Old 06-12-2022, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i N52

The key holds memory positions and so maybe it's not able to talk back to the key. Could possibly be the diversity antenna, let us know if that fixes it.