E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zf lifeguard fluid made in china

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 07:02 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 535I
Default Zf lifeguard fluid made in china

Hi guys I just got back from California, and while I was there my friends took me to China Town, San Francisco. Did anyone knew that The California Transmission Supply Company, is actually located in China Town. ZF Lifeguard 6/8 Transmission Fluid is made and imported from China, not from Germany. ZF LIFEGUARD is a repackage product from China. As a matter of fact all of The CTSC products and kits are made and imported from China. While this is good in terms of prices, compared to the original stuff from the dealerships, it is also good to know that what we are buying isn’t genuine, and we shouldn't buy thinking it is made in Germany. I like the fact that I can find a gray market product which work, but I wish these businesses would state on their website where the products came from, at least they owed that to us. But then again you buy at your own risk.

Last edited by BLACK_PRINCE54915; 05-16-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:12 PM
twh
Members
Senior Members

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi 6MT
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Are you saying it that their parts say "Made in Germany" and are actually made in China? That is, they sell counterfeit parts?

What address did you go to in San Fran?
Old 05-16-2015, 08:13 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

CTSC is located by Los Angeles, Camarillo to be exact. Can you elaborate on what you saw that made you think you were at CTSC in SF Chinatown.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:47 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Dude, freaking everything is made in China today, including the iPad I'm typing this on. Just because something is made in China does not mean it is inferior. Get a grip.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:05 AM
New Members

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by KyleB
Dude, freaking everything is made in China today, including the iPad I'm typing this on. Just because something is made in China does not mean it is inferior. Get a grip.
+1 on that, imagine my surprise last week when I received my central vac unit from Sears which was actually made in Canada....LOL
Old 05-17-2015, 05:03 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 550I BLK
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N62

I had my tranny service yesterday and I went with the redline fluid. The indy shop says my tranny is good to go and drive around so the adaptations are re learned? What's that mean and he said drive in manual mode a lil.. need help with this??? Anybody???
Old 05-17-2015, 07:49 AM
New Members

If The CTSC is an authorized Dealer of ZF products, then why are they operating out of a Chinese Restaurant Basement in China Town, why is it I can only contact them by email, why does it took them 3 or 4 days to respond to an email? There are a lot of USA/European companies manufacturing products in China, which are genuine. What I am saying is this, China is known to manufacture counterfeit Products and repackage them as genuine, and this is what The CTSC is selling, this is why The CTSC products are so cheap. There is nothing wrong with gray market products if the products function as it should. What I saw in China Town tells me that The CTSC is operating under the radar, as to why you have to know where they’re located to find them.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:19 AM
twh
Members
Senior Members

Anyone out there still have a shipping label off their thectsc.com order?
Old 05-17-2015, 10:03 AM
New Members

KyleB I think you’re missing the point. Yes we all know that the IPad is manufactured in China, but do you know why the IPad remain so expensive even though it was manufactured via cheap labor in China, because the IPad is a genuine product. Gray market products are cheaper because they’re not genuine products, they’re repackage to give the impression as if they are made somewhere else, in this case Germany . The CTSC is selling gray market products from China, it has nothing to do with inferior.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:09 AM
twh
Members
Senior Members

Don't think KyleB is missing the point. A lot of stuff is made in China. Some is good and some is not good. The problem is any company that sells anything that isn't what they advertise it to be. When you have the facts, you can make your own judgement. There are unscrupulous companies out there.

You are alleging that thectsc.com is doing business fraudulently and that you've seen it with your own eyes. That's a strong statement.

Frankly, I doubt your claim.

Quick Reply: Zf lifeguard fluid made in china