E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you have the owner's manual for your car
YES
95.92%
No
4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

You can lead a horse to water

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should the moderator(s) require new members to verify they have actually looked at their owner's manual before being permitted to post a question? Even if that is merely staring at the dusty cover. If BMW's demographic data is accurate, BMW owners are better educated and more intelligent than your average earth-dweller ... but I wonder what %age of owner/leasers/drivers even bother to crack the cover of their owner's manual.

Our cars will become more complicated and more challenging to operate and a bit more sophisticated than a toaster oven.

So, Newbees ...

Old 03-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Members

My Ride: C32 AMG fully modified - 535i Sport, work in progress

I don't understand why more new owners don't read the manual cover to cover. That is one of the first things I do with any new vehicle I purchase. Salesmen are getting pretty pathetic on the knowledge of the car(s) they sell, so you have to go to the manual to mind out anything more complex than how to put the car in Drive.... I find myself going to the manual from time to time just so I can remember all of the little intricate features available. Should be a MUST READ!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Members

My Ride: F10 535i: Jet Black, Black Dakota leather, Sport Auto, Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance Plus, Dynamic Handling, Luxury Seating, M Sport, Premium, Technology, Rear Sunshades, Auto High Beams, BMW Assist w/enhanced BT and USB.

Originally Posted by JetBlack_TT
I don't understand why more new owners don't read the manual cover to cover. That is one of the first things I do with any new vehicle I purchase. Salesmen are getting pretty pathetic on the knowledge of the car(s) they sell, so you have to go to the manual to mind out anything more complex than how to put the car in Drive.... I find myself going to the manual from time to time just so I can remember all of the little intricate features available. Should be a MUST READ!

In complete agreement!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

First thing I did when I got the car is read the manual....I don't know why you wouldn't.

But I can't say that I have seen many threads lately that made me think "read the manual"
Old 03-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Questons keep the forum active and moving, however some questions...
Old 03-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

some classics..

Q: I have a message that says my right rear tail lamp is out. Has anyone ever had this happen before? Any advice is much appreciated. How do I tell if the lamp is actually out? Do I need to go to the Stealer for this? One would think in a $60,000 car we wouldn't have tail lamps going out.

Ughhh. I just got this car 2 weeks ago! I have a 1997 mini van and NEVER have had a tail lamp go out!!!!!!

I say we all get together and force a recall or something.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Members

My Ride: F10 535i: Jet Black, Black Dakota leather, Sport Auto, Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance Plus, Dynamic Handling, Luxury Seating, M Sport, Premium, Technology, Rear Sunshades, Auto High Beams, BMW Assist w/enhanced BT and USB.

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
some classics..

Q: I have a message that says my right rear tail lamp is out. Has anyone ever had this happen before? Any advice is much appreciated. How do I tell if the lamp is actually out? Do I need to go to the Stealer for this? One would think in a $60,000 car we wouldn't have tail lamps going out.

Ughhh. I just got this car 2 weeks ago! I have a 1997 mini van and NEVER have had a tail lamp go out!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci

Forgot one...

Will it void my warranty if I replace the bulb myself?
Old 03-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
some classics..

You're sh*tten me right? LMFAO
Old 03-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krozi
You're sh*tten me right? LMFAO

Yes I am - just a compilation all rolled into one!

Quick Reply: You can lead a horse to water