E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

You can Check your I-Drive CIP/PROGMAN Version yourself!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before update cip # was I-05-09-510_050509 after update to v26 as i was told by the dealer i have now I-06-03-510_051122. I DOUBT I HAVE THE LATEST UPDATE. I BELIEVE THEY UPGRADE THE THE SYSTEM FROM CIP 19 TO CIP 21. YOU COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray / Steptronic / Sport Package w/ active steering, adaptive xenons, sport seats, 18" style 124 wheels / Logic 7 sound / PDC / Bluetooth / iPod Integration

Why is this information important?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bobbywang' post='411941' date='Apr 10 2007, 12:15 AM
Hmmm...I just tried this several times on my 06 530i w/ Nav and I do NOT get anything that resembles Target data Status. I also don't have the menu 'Versionkontrolle'. What I do see is a menu called "Diagnostic" and when I select that it takes me to a new screen with all sorts of other menus that show product date and ECU data etc...Help
Me too Bobby, I have an 07 530xiT and I get the ECU data screen too, see pix below. Can't make heads or tails from all of the numbers on the screens.
You can Check your I-Drive CIP/PROGMAN Version yourself!! :)-04_30_07_1706.jpg
You can Check your I-Drive CIP/PROGMAN Version yourself!! :)-04_30_07_1705.jpg
You can Check your I-Drive CIP/PROGMAN Version yourself!! :)-04_30_07_1707.jpg
Old 05-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Mr 5er' post='411430' date='Apr 8 2007, 12:29 PM
I just checked mine and found the same version number, but according to the printout from coolguy I have CIP 21.00, my version on the idrive is 06-03-510_051122. dated March 06 for e60/63

I too just got my software 'updated' and my iDrive shows this same number. My software was last updated a year or so ago and I think this is the same version I had on the car previously.

The tech said he was updating the software but said he didn't know what version he was putting on. I asked several of the techs there and they all seemed to have varying responses. One tech said "Version 25 something, no, i'm not sure, they're always changing these things". The other guy, the one that was working on my car who I was talking to while waiting for them to finish up just said "I'm not sure".

I guess these guys just hook it up and press a couple of buttons and let it rip. In the meantime, these guys scratch any part of my car they touch or 'repair'.

Didn't the latest software give the iDrive a different, more modern look? My iDrive looks the same as it did when I brought it in.

My friend's 2007 525i's iDrive looks visually more modern than mine. He also does not have nav.

What gives? Did I get an upgrade or what? I can't tell - the car drives the same as before and doesn't shift any better like I keep hearing that 25.04 corrects.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Sorry, just wishful thinking for those with NAV. PROGMAN version cannot be discerned from "secret" menues.

As far as getting an upgrade recently and not getting different graphics that probably means you got version 24.xx.xx. Happened to me last week. SA claimed I got v25 as they new that was latest. BUT, techs keep a system with one version back just in case new PROGMANs are too buggy. Since you cannot go backwards they do this to as a sort of protective measure. Anyway, they hooked me up to the wrong system and upgraded me to 24.00.00. Once I got the Final Rport in my hands I pointed this out to th edealer (I of course created the chart the OP in #1 is showing so know whereon I speak - asd the SA knows this). So the SA came by yesterday to my house and gave me the loaner and took my car in for 25.01.00. He returned it today and all I can say is all my issues are fixed. Cannot speak to car performance but iDrive sure is better and all the fixes it was supposed to address now work.

Oh and I will post an updated list on PROGMAN versions in my sticky under Dealer Purchasing forum.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='421278' date='May 5 2007, 12:35 AM
Sorry, just wishful thinking for those with NAV. PROGMAN version cannot be discerned from "secret" menues.

As far as getting an upgrade recently and not getting different graphics that probably means you got version 24.xx.xx. Happened to me last week. SA claimed I got v25 as they new that was latest. BUT, techs keep a system with one version back just in case new PROGMANs are too buggy. Since you cannot go backwards they do this to as a sort of protective measure. Anyway, they hooked me up to the wrong system and upgraded me to 24.00.00. Once I got the Final Rport in my hands I pointed this out to th edealer (I of course created the chart the OP in #1 is showing so know whereon I speak - asd the SA knows this). So the SA came by yesterday to my house and gave me the loaner and took my car in for 25.01.00. He returned it today and all I can say is all my issues are fixed. Cannot speak to car performance but iDrive sure is better and all the fixes it was supposed to address now work.

Oh and I will post an updated list on PROGMAN versions in my sticky under Dealer Purchasing forum.
Thanks Cobradav!! So it's Nav that makes the difference why some people can see Versionkontrolle and some can't, is that right? I'm supposed to have my car updated on May 21st to 25.x and am curious what the latest rev of the CIP really is? Thanks.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by billd104' post='421322' date='May 5 2007, 06:27 AM
Thanks Cobradav!! So it's Nav that makes the difference why some people can see Versionkontrolle and some can't, is that right? I'm supposed to have my car updated on May 21st to 25.x and am curious what the latest rev of the CIP really is? Thanks.
Just posted the latest list over in Dealer Purchasing forum. Its under th esticky on top and was about post #28 if I remember correctly.

I cannot validate the claim that non-NAV owners can determine their PROGMAN version, I can only claim that Pro-NAV folks cannot.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Silver Grey Premium Package, Sport Package, Dynamic Driving Package

I was checking around using the instruction posted here to find my Progman/CIP version. There is a build date of Dec 2004 at the top of the version screen but the version info (the last line of this screen) is something like 03-xx-500. The car is working fine, as far as I know, CD player works well, etc. Is it possible that the car has never been upgraded since Dec. 2004? The car has a build date of Oct 2003. I leased the car two months ago from a BMW dealer and it is a CPO. Should I get an upgrade? If so, how do I ask since "nothing" seems to be wrong?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MattAu' post='459047' date='Aug 15 2007, 01:55 PM
I was checking around using the instruction posted here to find my Progman/CIP version. There is a build date of Dec 2004 at the top of the version screen but the version info (the last line of this screen) is something like 03-xx-500. The car is working fine, as far as I know, CD player works well, etc. Is it possible that the car has never been upgraded since Dec. 2004? The car has a build date of Oct 2003. I leased the car two months ago from a BMW dealer and it is a CPO. Should I get an upgrade? If so, how do I ask since "nothing" seems to be wrong?
That is what I conclude - car has not been updated since original build version. WOW. There is nothing to be gained in my estimation unless you had Nav and really used it alot. But if you are happy now don't mess with it. If you ever do get a problem they would probably have to do an upgrade to fix an issue (non mechanical). Even a failed electronic part would force them to upgrade.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Members

My Ride: Current - MY2008 530i comfort access,active steering, HUD, prof nav/TV, bluetootth etc ..... Old - 2006 530i comfort access, active steering, HUD, NAV/TV, Bluetooth

I have just got 26.02.1 loaded, according to the dealer.

And, the sequence does not work. I asked the dealers master technician what the new access is to the service menus and he was unaware of the change. He asked about his workshop and noone had noticed the change. He is researching and I will post once I know.

Quick Reply: You can Check your I-Drive CIP/PROGMAN Version yourself!! :)