E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Are you a BMW Club member?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007 | 07:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Piloti' post='411525' date='Apr 8 2007, 07:53 PM
I think everyone who enjoys driving will enjoy reading the Roundel, no matter what you drive.
Danke for the kind words!
Old 04-08-2007 | 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Hey Jonathan, speaking of the Roundel, have you ever met Satch? I've always enjoyed his wit and writing style -- even before the Roundel days back when he wrote for AutoWeek. I'll bet he's a fun dude to be around...

Another question since you might have some pull with the boys from the club...can we get an E60.net "shout out" somewhere in print once in a while? Often times I see other, less informative websites getting a mention in the Roundel (sometimes on the last page and sometimes elsewhere) but you have to admit that for E6x cars, there's no better place on the net than this one. The fact that it's not a commercial site makes it even more worthy of a nod, don't you think?

(Then again, maybe I should be careful what I wish for -- a mention in the magazine could be a bad thing too...I guess you never know!)
Old 04-08-2007 | 08:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='411587' date='Apr 8 2007, 11:53 PM
Hey Jonathan, speaking of the Roundel, have you ever met Satch? I've always enjoyed his wit and writing style -- even before the Roundel days back when he wrote for AutoWeek. I'll bet he's a fun dude to be around...

Another question since you might have some pull with the boys from the club...can we get an E60.net "shout out" somewhere in print once in a while? Often times I see other, less informative websites getting a mention in the Roundel (sometimes on the last page and sometimes elsewhere) but you have to admit that for E6x cars, there's no better place on the net than this one. The fact that it's not a commercial site makes it even more worthy of a nod, don't you think?

(Then again, maybe I should be careful what I wish for -- a mention in the magazine could be a bad thing too...I guess you never know!)
Ja, I've met Satch and he seems like a decent enough fellow.

Regarding the "shout out" I have found that all of my mentions of online forums have been excised from the text, most notably mentioning the Bimmerfest European Delivery Forum in my Cover Story European Delivery article.

The club is still afraid of certain aspects of the online world.

I am working to educate them on this.
Old 04-08-2007 | 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

A while back, I remember suggesting that someone should write a letter to the Roundel mentioning the site and it's virtues to the E60 crowd -- I think they print every letter they receive. I know some members here have had letters printed but I don't remember any of them mentioning our wonderful corner of the cyberspace world...

Do you think any of the Roundel people even know about this site?

As far as them not mentioning sites in your columns, I kind of get that (they don't want to look like the author is endorsing a particular site) but isn't there a section where they make a point of mentioning helpful sites or am I thinking of another automotive publication?

I could understand them not wanting to promote a commercial site (or a site from a non-advertiser) but I think this site is unique in that it has no advertising, is user supported through voluntary donations, and probably helps more E60 owners globally than any other place out there! :thumsup:
Old 04-08-2007 | 10:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi Sports Wagon, Steptronic, Sapphire Black, Black Dakota, ZPP, CW, NAV, PDC, Rear Shades.

The Google ads on nearly every E60.net page generates no revenue?
Old 04-08-2007 | 11:56 PM
Members

I'm a member! Hope I can afford the Dec 535i lease prices. The membership check should help.