E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Would you change any switch positions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 06:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Sport, Premium, Logic 7, Jet Black, Black Leather, M-Aero Kit, 15% (very dark) Tint, Eichbach Lowering Springs, Red Brake Calipers, Radenergie R-10's, Michelin PilotSport2 in 245/35/20 and 285/30/20, Rolled Fenders, and a nifty Graco Baby Car Seat. Next Up: Xenon fogs, Eisemann Exhaust, iPod Interface, Comfort Seats.

You can turn off PDC when that screen and feature is active by pushing the iDrive once. If you notice, when you back up, PDC is active. The PDC screen has an arrow in a box in the upper left corner of the screen- that indicates that one push of the idrive will shut off that screen and the feature.

So no need to fumble behind the stick looking for the PDC buttoon- just punch the idrive down once, and it's done.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Like I said in another thread. The only thing that continues to bug me is when listening to Sirius, to change to the next channel down on i-drive screen you actually push the UP button on the steering wheel and visa-versa. I was thinking about flipping the switch around but that would thow off all the other functions of that switch.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Senior Members

Merv: In the 1-series the DTC/DSC-button is placed on the dashboard, along with the hazard light switch, AFAIK. Probably a safer location for that button.

Whoops.. thought you said DSC Using PDC in situations where you move and have to look out the windows? Dangerous. Slow down
Old 01-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by cattman' post='230942' date='Jan 28 2006, 10:23 AM
You can turn off PDC when that screen and feature is active by pushing the iDrive once. If you notice, when you back up, PDC is active. The PDC screen has an arrow in a box in the upper left corner of the screen- that indicates that one push of the idrive will shut off that screen and the feature.

So no need to fumble behind the stick looking for the PDC buttoon- just punch the idrive down once, and it's done.
Never knew that - thanks going to try it now.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:50 AM
PAC
Members

Turning ligths indicators

1)They dont make that sound other cars have (I prefer no sound),
2)The switch stays always in the middle (it is ok for me)
THEN
the only way to know if the turning lights are on is watching the green indicators... but
From the fist day I find the turning lights indicators too high.
I adjust the steering wheel at my optimum position and I can?t see any of the green turning lights indicator, so I have to put it in a higher position not so comfortable for me. If these green indicators where in the lower part would be always visible.

Unlocking doors "one touch"

I have selected the "auto lock" when in motion. Thats ok. But when my passenger wants to get off, must pull the door handle twice. It happened to many people, they just pull once, the door does not open, and they pull harder and harder while say something like "ups the...door ... doesnt"
Old 01-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' post='230706' date='Jan 27 2006, 04:09 PM
Only a minor gripe but I find I'm always switching the PDC off with the button after reversing as it stays on for ages, however this requires you to take your eye off the road. I wish the button was situated near to the I drive controller so It could be pushed without looking. Also the fog lights switches require a bit of fumbling around again eyes off the road. I'd like to see a panel containing these switches just in front of the gear lever and angled upwards so you don't have to lean forward. Other than that it all works well.

Anyone else think the same?
I wish a SW upgrade would let me progam a steering wheel button to for PDC on off.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport, Premium, Logic 7, Jet Black, Black Leather, M-Aero Kit, 15% (very dark) Tint, Eichbach Lowering Springs, Red Brake Calipers, Radenergie R-10's, Michelin PilotSport2 in 245/35/20 and 285/30/20, Rolled Fenders, and a nifty Graco Baby Car Seat. Next Up: Xenon fogs, Eisemann Exhaust, iPod Interface, Comfort Seats.

See my earlier response on page 1. Easy to turn PDC off with one push of the idrive- no need to fumble behind the gear stick.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by cattman' post='231036' date='Jan 28 2006, 12:58 PM
See my earlier response on page 1. Easy to turn PDC off with one push of the idrive- no need to fumble behind the gear stick.
No one is completely happy. I think we have too much free time on our hands with this thread.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by cattman' post='230942' date='Jan 28 2006, 10:23 AM

You probably are right, but I turned the screen off in settings so I wouldn't have to click to turn it off. But, yes, if what you say is true, then why not leave the screen on and turn both off with one click. I'll try it. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Members

I wish the i-drive screen would go "black" when turned off (kill power the screen), instead of glowing. It would look so much nicer at night.

Quick Reply: Would you change any switch positions?