E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worthwhile Retrofitting or not

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i M Sport Automatic, M Sports Package, Bi-Xenons, Sunroof, Hot Climate Version, Navigation+TV, 18" Double Spoke 135M Alloys with Runflats, Anthracite Headliner, M Leather Steering Wheel. Through Load System, Hifi Loudspeaker System, Alu Cube Pure Interior Trim, Flashlight Cloth/Nappa Leather Sports Seats, M Sports Suspension

Dear Fellow Forummers,

I would like to get some advise on retrofitting the following items onto my car:-
1) CD/DVD Audio unit (the car came standard with the Mini Disc/CD Deck, which annoys me)
2) Navigation System Professional (the car came with Navigation System Professional but was meant for Japan Use only, the current Navigation Unit is located in the left side of the trunk)
3) Bluetooth Handsfree (Again, the connectors seem to be for Japanese Phones only and doesn't support any snap in adaptors nor Bluetooth)

Do you people roughly know how much these items cost individually? Would appreciate your opinions. Thanks

Marcus
Old 11-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i M Sport Automatic, M Sports Package, Bi-Xenons, Sunroof, Hot Climate Version, Navigation+TV, 18" Double Spoke 135M Alloys with Runflats, Anthracite Headliner, M Leather Steering Wheel. Through Load System, Hifi Loudspeaker System, Alu Cube Pure Interior Trim, Flashlight Cloth/Nappa Leather Sports Seats, M Sports Suspension

Forgot 2 other retrofits
4) LCI Tail Lamps
5) LCI Headlights (Read somewhere here that it was impossible. Is there a workaround to it yet?)

Marcus
Old 11-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 525imsport' post='499355' date='Nov 27 2007, 05:08 AM
Dear Fellow Forummers,

I would like to get some advise on retrofitting the following items onto my car:-
1) CD/DVD Audio unit (the car came standard with the Mini Disc/CD Deck, which annoys me)
2) Navigation System Professional (the car came with Navigation System Professional but was meant for Japan Use only, the current Navigation Unit is located in the left side of the trunk)
3) Bluetooth Handsfree (Again, the connectors seem to be for Japanese Phones only and doesn't support any snap in adaptors nor Bluetooth)

Do you people roughly know how much these items cost individually? Would appreciate your opinions. Thanks

Marcus
Marcus, can you please post a picture of the CD/MD unit? I didn't know this existed for the E60, and I'd like to see it.

Retrofitting prof nav should be no issue, many have done it before. It does cost quite some time and money though. You might want to ask you dealer or check http://www.realoem.com/bmw/ about the differences between EU/US and JP cars before you do this.

Good luck.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by timewa' post='499631' date='Nov 27 2007, 02:41 PM
Marcus, can you please post a picture of the CD/MD unit? I didn't know this existed for the E60, and I'd like to see it.

Retrofitting prof nav should be no issue, many have done it before. It does cost quite some time and money though. You might want to ask you dealer or check http://www.realoem.com/bmw/ about the differences between EU/US and JP cars before you do this.

Good luck.
Here you go timewa,

It's just above the CD slot. you see the same full sized slot but then there's a small flap there.

Cheers,
Marcus
Attached Thumbnails Worthwhile Retrofitting or not-dsc00752.jpg