E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Woah!!! After Taking car to dealer, it feels very good now

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

I have 2006 CPO 525i bought in DEC '06. I had several issues, and 2 visits to 2 diff dealers fixed 80% issues. Last week took it to JMK Dealer for SOS malfucntion error, Service engine light, BLuetooth not pairing, squeaky brakes, Sun-roof Wind noise (3rd attempt, took e60.net post screenshot to show only solution is to replace Seals!!) & severe Rust on rotors. Yah I know long list

JMK is awesome!! I can't believe why there is soo much diff between Diff dealers. The BellBMW and Hunterdon hgave me sooo hard time, telling me BS "It is normal crap"

But, JMK listened to all concerns and FIXED ALL THEM!!! Car feeels like BRAND NEW lol.. SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH Ride (I been hitting pot holes wantedly to feel the smoothness lol) Never had this smooth ride since I bought in Dec '06) I am loving it!! I have to take it again though, since SOS is still not working (no biggy), but Bluetooth is still not working (biggy for me).. so they opened a ticket with BMW (I think to replace TCU).. waiting on it now.

How come other Dealers dont the same as JMK? Since JMK is biggest probably in Tri-state they have special powers w/ BMW to make customer happy? They replace rusted rotors, sun-roof rubber seals w/o any questions or giving BS stating it is normal. Why cant other dealers do the same and claim labor charges from BMW lol. what do they have to loose?
Old 06-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

That's great to hear that your car is riding as it's supposed to. As for why some dealerships are such a$$es, who knows? Even at some of the dealerships with good service it's a hit or miss with the SAs.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='435974' date='Jun 14 2007, 10:54 PM
That's great to hear that your car is riding as it's supposed to. As for why some dealerships are such a$$es, who knows? Even at some of the dealerships with good service it's a hit or miss with the SAs.
Yah, I just dont understand, why they don't take advantage of the problems we mention.. simply fix/replace them and charge labor to BMW.. Some seems to fight w/ customers as if it is coming out from their pocket or they doing for FREE lol! I see that from lot of SA's.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='435958' date='Jun 14 2007, 11:24 PM
I have 2006 CPO 525i bought in DEC '06. I had several issues, and 2 visits to 2 diff dealers fixed 80% issues. Last week took it to JMK Dealer for SOS malfucntion error, Service engine light, BLuetooth not pairing, squeaky brakes, Sun-roof Wind noise (3rd attempt, took e60.net post screenshot to show only solution is to replace Seals!!) & severe Rust on rotors. Yah I know long list

JMK is awesome!! I can't believe why there is soo much diff between Diff dealers. The BellBMW and Hunterdon hgave me sooo hard time, telling me BS "It is normal crap"

But, JMK listened to all concerns and FIXED ALL THEM!!! Car feeels like BRAND NEW lol.. SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH Ride (I been hitting pot holes wantedly to feel the smoothness lol) Never had this smooth ride since I bought in Dec '06) I am loving it!! I have to take it again though, since SOS is still not working (no biggy), but Bluetooth is still not working (biggy for me).. so they opened a ticket with BMW (I think to replace TCU).. waiting on it now.

How come other Dealers dont the same as JMK? Since JMK is biggest probably in Tri-state they have special powers w/ BMW to make customer happy? They replace rusted rotors, sun-roof rubber seals w/o any questions or giving BS stating it is normal. Why cant other dealers do the same and claim labor charges from BMW lol. what do they have to loose?
I don't know if you have read any of my posts about "JMK". I bought my first BMW and second one at Open Road and then their service realy got BAD so I changed to JMK and that was quite a few years ago. JMK took me under their wing so to speak and I've been going there ever since for ED purchases, Service and Body Shop. In all the time I've been going to JMK I never had one complaint. There just great IMO . They are one of the main reasons I stay with BMW. In all my years of buying cars I have never been treated like JMK treats me. I only wish other BMW owners could experience going to a dealer like JMK and not have to lable their dealers as "Stealers".
Cheers
vern
Old 06-15-2007, 06:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, I'm glad you are happy with JMK. I went there once a couple of months back after hearing so many good things about them. Here is my experience:
1. waited in two lines for over 30 minutes each to speak to a service advisor and get a loaner (rental car from Enterprise for which I had to pay for insurance).
2. SA very polite and knowledgeable. Noted of all issues.
3. Fixed most issues but lied about one. Specifically, I was told they took out the microfilters, clean them and spray them. When I went home and removed the filters (airconditioning smell was still therer) there were leaves under the filters left since the car left the factory.

Maybe I visited JMK at a bad day and they were overloaded. Maybe the mechanic who was supposingly cleaned the filters got confused and communicated the wrong info to the SA. In any case this visit didn't inspired my confidence. I am sure they have the capability to deal with almost any issue and this is an isolated incidence that just happened that day but I will be thinking hard before I go there for my next appointment.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by E60M5E60' post='436088' date='Jun 15 2007, 10:38 AM
Guys, I'm glad you are happy with JMK. I went there once a couple of months back after hearing so many good things about them. Here is my experience:
1. waited in two lines for over 30 minutes each to speak to a service advisor and get a loaner (rental car from Enterprise for which I had to pay for insurance).
2. SA very polite and knowledgeable. Noted of all issues.
3. Fixed most issues but lied about one. Specifically, I was told they took out the microfilters, clean them and spray them. When I went home and removed the filters (airconditioning smell was still therer) there were leaves under the filters left since the car left the factory.

Maybe I visited JMK at a bad day and they were overloaded. Maybe the mechanic who was supposingly cleaned the filters got confused and communicated the wrong info to the SA. In any case this visit didn't inspired my confidence. I am sure they have the capability to deal with almost any issue and this is an isolated incidence that just happened that day but I will be thinking hard before I go there for my next appointment.
Sorry that you had a not so good experience with JMK. I'm SURE if you brought it to the attention of the Service Manager he would have gone more than out of his way to correct the problem. I can't tell if you live in NJ or NY you don't have a Sig. on your post but if you live in NJ you have to have a insurance card and that should have been more that surfice for Enterprise. You don't have to pay for insurance if you carry your own and I'm sure you do. Somebody at Enterprise droped the ball. No I don't work for JMK.
Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 06-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

I must say that I bought and have had my 5 serviced at JMK and could not say anything better about this dealer.

I also know that the staff looks at thus forum. (I saw my salesman with it up on his desktop). I would be happy with any dealer that was listening to forums like this.

JMK does great work!
Old 06-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Members

Did you actually get them to replace rusty rotors? I've had no luck with this. I've been using Flemington BMW for service and I've been quite pleased except they would only change my pads and not replace my rusty rotors. IMO if you have my calipers off and the rotors exposed at least give me the opportunity to buy some new damn rotors so you don't have the pay for the service twice. Maybe I'll try JMK for my next round...
Old 06-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='436273' date='Jun 15 2007, 09:44 PM
I also know that the staff looks at thus forum. (I saw my salesman with it up on his desktop). I would be happy with any dealer that was listening to forums like this.
Don't forget -- I think JMK is Lomag's dealer! You gotta hope they know about this place...
Old 06-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Yeah, they are!

The board is monitored by atleast two or three of the SA's there that I know of along with many other boards they check into. They just know their stuff. Maybe because it's generally a younger crowd in the service department who understand these cars more. They're all real enthusiasts, not just employees. It's a great combo!

Ironically enough I was just there yesterday. I blew out my two driver side tires, front and rear after hitting some potholes in a dark underpass. I got roadside assistance to tow me to JMK (roadside was there in under 30 min, amazing). Since I had only one space saver I was able to get another wheel from JMK which allowed me to get home and replace the two flat wheels with my winter wheels until the new tires come in on Monday. That area of road is well known to be bad because of the darkness, even during the day, and it always floods during any rain storm so potholes form quickly. I drive through it, slowing down, several times per week but this time I got whacked. I'm fighting the city/county/state or whoever is in charge of the road (Route 22 West by Newark/Hillside). It's ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Woah!!! After Taking car to dealer, it feels very good now