E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Wireless Charger Installation and Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a new LG Revolution 4G phone and I've just purchased a Wireless charger for it.
I am going to install and mount it this weekend in my 2008 528I
I was wondering if anyone has already installed a wireless charger in the car before and have any tips on that?
It should be very stright forwrd and easy and I am currently just debating where to set the charger base?
Bluetooth works great on that and I've been using the USB charger. I thought the wireless charger could nicer and more efficient to use
Old 06-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by neopoint
I got a new LG Revolution 4G phone and I've just purchased a Wireless charger for it.
I am going to install and mount it this weekend in my 2008 528I
I was wondering if anyone has already installed a wireless charger in the car before and have any tips on that?
It should be very stright forwrd and easy and I am currently just debating where to set the charger base?
Bluetooth works great on that and I've been using the USB charger. I thought the wireless charger could nicer and more efficient to use

Put up a pic of the charger, wires, etc.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Put up a pic of the charger, wires, etc.
Here are few pixs from the phone and the charger. I am still debating where to get the power from?
I will post more pixs once I install the complete charger.
Attached Thumbnails Wireless Charger Installation and Mounting-dsc00232_1.jpg   Wireless Charger Installation and Mounting-dsc00233_1.jpg  
Old 06-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci

That actually has a 12volt input? How many amps does it require?

I'm wondering how well the phone will sit in place without bouncing/sliding off

Since it ihas to be flat you have pretty few options I think. Will the pad fit in the bottom of the center console? I don't think I would want it visible anywhere.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
That actually has a 12volt input? How many amps does it require?

I'm wondering how well the phone will sit in place without bouncing/sliding off

Since it ihas to be flat you have pretty few options I think. Will the pad fit in the bottom of the center console? I don't think I would want it visible anywhere.
Actually, it has 19v input with 0.5A so I have to use inverter.
It does not fit in the center arm. To be able to use the wireless charger I have to use a new battery back cover on the phone which snap into the phone very well.
I was thinking I can mount the back cover permanently on the wireless base charger, then install the base with the phone back cover attached on the top above the D-link/ garage opener area. I can run the long wire from inside dash to that area, the same way I have done my Valentine radar detector. If that works, I can charge the phone, listen to music via Bluetooth and back seat watch movies as well. Well, just the thought I am not sure that will work or not. I am going to play around.......
Old 06-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by neopoint
Actually, it has 19v input with 0.5A so I have to use inverter.
It does not fit in the center arm. To be able to use the wireless charger I have to use a new battery back cover on the phone which snap into the phone very well.
I was thinking I can mount the back cover permanently on the wireless base charger, then install the base with the phone back cover attached on the top above the D-link/ garage opener area. I can run the long wire from inside dash to that area, the same way I have done my Valentine radar detector. If that works, I can charge the phone, listen to music via Bluetooth and back seat watch movies as well. Well, just the thought I am not sure that will work or not. I am going to play around.......
Good luck with it. shows us how it turns out!