E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525ise, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, 18'' Runflats, Folding mirrors, Automatic/man box,parking sensers front/rear,latest addition 645ci black saphire, with everthing on, nothing it does not have.

after having a referbed car and all noises and rattles sorted now just driven home and the bloody wpers are making the usual noises. temperature is not cold at all and moderate rain. does anyone know of any good blades that dont make a noise as i had these replaced about 5000 miles ago
Old 03-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Senior Members

Don't know about good brands but does the U.K. warranty cover blades like it does here in the U.S.?
Old 03-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I don't know how old your wiper blades are but I just replaced mine last week after one year of use. WOWWWWWW what a difference. I bought the new ones at a BMW dealership. For about 50USD for pair. (note left / right are different)

The new ones have actually improved designs a little, an extra support is added so they attach the windshield all the way....

Very smooth, quiet..... superb. One wouldn't say how much happy new wipers would make you

Wipers do wear out you know, especially after tough winter
Old 03-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

One year out of wiper blades is great. I generally replace mine every 6-9 months and at the start of every winter. But I don't pay $50 for them either. I'll either get the free ones from BMW or buy a refill from BavAuto.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d sport, Silver Grey/grey/maple. 20" Hartge Nova 7. Previously 19" staggered 172s

My March 06 car has been delivered with blades as I have never seen them before, a 1/2" wide metal strip with the rubber blade on the back of it. It looks like it is not supported properly but it seems to work.

Is this the type you have or did older cars have a more traditional blade?
Old 03-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by blingo' post='260321' date='Mar 26 2006, 04:12 PM
My March 06 car has been delivered with blades as I have never seen them before, a 1/2" wide metal strip with the rubber blade on the back of it. It looks like it is not supported properly but it seems to work.

Is this the type you have or did older cars have a more traditional blade?

yes, those you are talking about are standart on most of the cars for past few years already....
they are called Aero and for the german cars they are mostly done by Bosch company.....

the traditional older ones you are referring too are not use for a few years in this car segment..... E60 never had those
Old 03-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

amazain...seems like you guys use your wipers alot..we dont get more that 15days rain a year...so our wipers stay for atleast 3years..untill they dry out from the heat..and the rubber falls...hehehe
Old 03-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Senior Members

I had mine replaced under warranty, and they're prefect now.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

After my first service BMW replaced the wipers free of charge and now I intend to ask them to replaced them again free on my second service coming up shortly.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I replace my wipers every 2-3 months.....

But I live in Orlando.... the thunderstorm capital of the world. We get a thunderstorm nearly every afternoon in the summer.

Quick Reply: wiper blades