E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Windshield Wiper Permanently Stays on....no matter what

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After my car shuts down, I figure somethings is wrong. But to find out it is the batter. YAY!!! well...AAA came and replace the battery but can't reset the car. Engine lights is on among other lights.....the most annoying part, the windshield wiper goes back and forth nonstop no matter what. Took it to the dealer, they said something about the module that is messed up and I need to replace that. I search on the net, found nothing of sort. Now my tilt steering wheel doesn't work, air bags doesn't work....restrain system doesn't work...and my wiper stays on permanently. Any recommendation of fix here besides paying a lot of money to fix that stupid problem? I am thinking about disconnecting the wiper power, but don't know how. Can someone chime in please.

Thanks ....grrrrr
Old 10-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Senior Members

Faulty wiring maybe?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by yellowpad' post='1040738' date='Oct 26 2009, 01:50 PM
After my car shuts down, I figure somethings is wrong. But to find out it is the batter. YAY!!! well...AAA came and replace the battery but can't reset the car. Engine lights is on among other lights.....the most annoying part, the windshield wiper goes back and forth nonstop no matter what. Took it to the dealer, they said something about the module that is messed up and I need to replace that. I search on the net, found nothing of sort. Now my tilt steering wheel doesn't work, air bags doesn't work....restrain system doesn't work...and my wiper stays on permanently. Any recommendation of fix here besides paying a lot of money to fix that stupid problem? I am thinking about disconnecting the wiper power, but don't know how. Can someone chime in please.

Thanks ....grrrrr
Remove relay K11 or pull fuse F16 to disable your wipers. If you go for the relay check ground connection X6.
Good luck sorting out your problems. Keep us posted.
Attached Thumbnails Windshield Wiper Permanently Stays on....no matter what-k11_wiper_relay.jpg   Windshield Wiper Permanently Stays on....no matter what-front_fuse.jpg  
Old 10-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Members

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED. I am leaving the country in the next couple of weeks. I like to drive it a little and take care of it after i got back. by pulling F16 or K11, it will not effect any other feature....am I correct on that?

Originally Posted by 530inOK' post='1041085' date='Oct 26 2009, 09:11 PM
Remove relay K11 or pull fuse F16 to disable your wipers. If you go for the relay check ground connection X6.
Good luck sorting out your problems. Keep us posted.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by yellowpad' post='1041117' date='Oct 26 2009, 11:53 PM
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED. I am leaving the country in the next couple of weeks. I like to drive it a little and take care of it after i got back. by pulling F16 or K11, it will not effect any other feature....am I correct on that?
You might get an error message to add to the others but shouldn't affect anything else. I'm curious as to what happened to cause all your troubles. Enjoy your trip!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Members

driving one day, all warning lights lid up and lost speed. I shut down, restarted, and everything was good. Happened twice....third time, happened the same way but couldn't restart. It drained the battery completely...so I replaced it since the car is a 2004 by the finest AAA roadside. After that, everything goes while...nothing works. I drove it to bmw dealer and reset...they couldn't. I need to get sim module replace said which they dont' have. Thus, my quest to disable it so i can atleast drive another 2 weeks. By then parts should come at $1500 which may solve the problem. grrrrrrr once again, thanks so much!!!!

Originally Posted by 530inOK' post='1041132' date='Oct 26 2009, 10:17 PM
You might get an error message to add to the others but shouldn't affect anything else. I'm curious as to what happened to cause all your troubles. Enjoy your trip!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by yellowpad' post='1041136' date='Oct 27 2009, 01:33 PM
driving one day, all warning lights lid up and lost speed. I shut down, restarted, and everything was good. Happened twice....third time, happened the same way but couldn't restart. It drained the battery completely...so I replaced it since the car is a 2004 by the finest AAA roadside. After that, everything goes while...nothing works. I drove it to bmw dealer and reset...they couldn't. I need to get sim module replace said which they dont' have. Thus, my quest to disable it so i can atleast drive another 2 weeks. By then parts should come at $1500 which may solve the problem. grrrrrrr once again, thanks so much!!!!
You changed a different A battery in that date. That's why ECU generate different error code and shut you down. Now, you need ECU reset.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Members

I took it to BMW dealer for that already.....I was advise the sim module needs to be replace. That is the thing that controls the steering will scope and tile, windshield wiper, passenger restrain, alarm and a few other things. unless we have a creative mechanic that can come to my rescue and fix it

Originally Posted by ricky1329' post='1041148' date='Oct 26 2009, 10:52 PM
You changed a different A battery in that date. That's why ECU generate different error code and shut you down. Now, you need ECU reset.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

I had my windshield wipers get stuck in a "non-off" posistion: when the wipers would start their cycle, they would go up, down then up and stop. I took it to the dealer, they diagnosed the faulty module and replaced it under warranty. The thing that I don't get is that in a Honda Civic, you would be able to fix the problem in 5 minutes with a phillips screw driver. I asked the dealer how much it would cost if I didn't have warranty, he said upwards of $300.

Whatta deal
Old 10-27-2009, 09:31 AM
bmx
Members

Originally Posted by andy535xi' post='1041334' date='Oct 27 2009, 11:41 AM
I had my windshield wipers get stuck in a "non-off" posistion: when the wipers would start their cycle, they would go up, down then up and stop. I took it to the dealer, they diagnosed the faulty module and replaced it under warranty. The thing that I don't get is that in a Honda Civic, you would be able to fix the problem in 5 minutes with a phillips screw driver. I asked the dealer how much it would cost if I didn't have warranty, he said upwards of $300.

Whatta deal
someone stated earlier here about leaving electronics to the Japanese.

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Permanently Stays on....no matter what