E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Windshield ventilation always hot

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i SMG

I'm sorry but I simply disagree with you. Warm air may be quicker but that doesn't mean cold air can't be used. And I don't know about you but most people hit front defrost button as soon as they see condensation starting to form meaning they could careless if it takes 3 seconds or 10 seconds it will be gone quickly either way since condensation is lightly blocking their view. I dnt think other car makers are stupid enough to not to put it in. It's just the only the bimmer decided not to bother with it. So I think exactly opposite. Either Bimmer haven't thought about directing cold air or they are simply ignorant not to give us the options.

Also the bimmer aren't always right. Not that you said this way but it seems you are a bit on the defense side.
We all very know ergonomics/human factors aren't exactly BMW's strong points. Call me watever, but my last car which was G35 had a lot of buttons nearly every possible setting can be made with one push of button which I very liked while bimmer has nice clean looks, it's also true that it takes more time to setting things up. Just look at how many steps you need to go through to set the vent air flow manually.
Lastly, getting rid of condensation isn't the only purpose of a front vent. It's another way of control the inside cabin temperature. I have seen a lot of people do it. Just like you can set vent to flow your feet, you have to think there are people out there wish to cntrol the temperature without ac air hitting their faces or feet.
You are right in terms technicality IF everyone uses for that purpose only but I'm afraid everyone is different just like I never use vent leg vent but I know people use them.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG

I'm sorry about spell errors iPhone auto corrects some of the words I don't want them to correct!!
Old 04-23-2014, 01:13 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 540i M Sport
Default Windshield Hot when Aircon in Auto Cold

There is only one answer to this.. Your defog Sensor is not working. This is located behind your rear view mirror just underneath the raid sensor.

Ours was doing the same thing.

usually occurs if you have had your windscreen replaced. The repairers try and salvage the sensor but crack the circuits. If you have had your screen replaced contact your insurance company and they should replace it.

G