E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

windows goin down after car is locked

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GlockandRoll' post='569218' date='Apr 27 2008, 02:35 PM
My keys were not in my pocket, they were laying on my dresser in the bedroom upstairs.
I know how long it takes to open all of it, and you have to hold the button down for 20 seconds. I keep my keyes in my front bocket and had baggy cargo shorts on... there is NO F'N WAY I pressed the button, NO WAY AT ALL!!!

maybe your car is becoming transformer???

ohhh that would be interesting...
Old 04-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: ActiveHybrid - fully tricked out
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by GlockandRoll' post='569177' date='Apr 27 2008, 01:42 PM
I had my iDrive firmware upgraded in Feb to make it work with my blackberry, which has had some minor intermittent problems.
If this is well documented I would appreciate any info you can email me please, or IM, thanks!

I'm going to lowes to by a dehumidifier now, but I mean water is EVERYWHERE in my car, the rear foot wells had standing water in them becuase we had a torrential downpour this morning in Austin, TX!
Glock (scary handle, btw)

So it doesn't sound like sw was the cause of your troubles.

As I said my comments were based on memory. Upon further reflection, it was comments made to my by my dealer about the time I bought my car (2005). However, that's suspect as I can't find anything online to support it.

The topic has come up a number of times on the forum. It's usually attributed to the "keys-in-the-pocket" problem, software problems (awdtsi82's car is older - perhaps he/she has older software) or electrical inteference. Regardless, you get into interference discussions and I'm out of my depth.

Good luck with your dehumidifier, towels and hairdryer. If it's any consolation slickrick reported a couple of weeks ago that his leather tighened up and smells like new (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show...8&#entry558918).

Cheers
Old 04-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rmcd' post='569258' date='Apr 27 2008, 02:21 PM
Glock (scary handle, btw)

So it doesn't sound like sw was the cause of your troubles.

As I said my comments were based on memory. Upon further reflection, it was comments made to my by my dealer about the time I bought my car (2005). However, that's suspect as I can't find anything online to support it.

The topic has come up a number of times on the forum. It's usually attributed to the "keys-in-the-pocket" problem, software problems (awdtsi82's car is older - perhaps he/she has older software) or electrical inteference. Regardless, you get into interference discussions and I'm out of my depth.

Good luck with your dehumidifier, towels and hairdryer. If it's any consolation slickrick reported a couple of weeks ago that his leather tighened up and smells like new (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show...8&#entry558918).

Cheers
Scary handle... you have to be kidding me.

It appears that the dehumidifier that I ran for 20 hours on high sealed in the car did the trick.
The car is dry, and the odor I smell may have actually come from the new dehumidifier, because it doesn't smell like mildew?
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...&lpage=none

My son could have pushed the button, but I do not think he did. I didn't do it in my pocket, that I can be sure of, because I looked at the car from my bedroom window before hitting the sack.

I have noticed some problems with my iDrive firmware also, since it has been upgraded, one of them was the sunroof wanting to stop closing and reopen.

You also fail to recognize that the resolution to this problem that awdtsi82 has also commented that the door lock actuator replacement solved the problem.

BMW is going to do a full diagnostic scan on the car Wednesday.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

wow thats crazy
Old 04-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by southgate' post='570056' date='Apr 28 2008, 12:31 PM
wow thats crazy
You know what's crazy - is that I just got an email from someone claiming that since it was raining really hard, it was possible that the car mistakenly thought it was underwater and the windows and sunroof open as a safety feature.