E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Windows acting weird

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i, Alpine White/Beige Dakota Leather, Steptronic Automatic, Premium Package, Active Steering, Xenon Adaptive Headlights with Dynamic Auto-Leveling Production On 05/2005 Purchased On 07/2005
Arrow

This issue mostly occurs to the driver side's window. About 1/5th of the times when I opperate this window by pulling up the window, the window rolls up exactly halfway and quickly rolls back down and we go at it for a good couple of rounds. This also occured to the rear left window. However, it was when the engine was off and the window just would not stay closed! Once it became in contact with the door's frame it rolled back down so I had to turn the car on and off couple of times to make it stop.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Should I take it to the dealership and have them check it out?
Old 11-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine white 2004 545, cold weather package, premium sound, sport package.

Yep happened to me on front windows only. Hmm I guess I know I'm not the only one. I thought I may have accidently pressed it back down. But I ain't sure. I'm gonna just have my dealer scope it out. The first day I got my car it just went nutz lol. a major turnoff for me....haha wipers goin of i-drive went nutz, i drive knob had no resistance, then wiper froze smack in the middle of my windshield and it decided just to hangout and never moved. Then the best part was all my guage info lighting i mean everything just went dead.LOL then back on then off haha...damn that I think was an experience, one day off fresh from the lot. That's just plain embarassing...LOL. Paid over 60K for my car.........an experience like that.......priceless.
2004 545

Originally Posted by arDi' post='196101' date='Nov 10 2005, 03:02 AM
This issue mostly occurs to the driver side's window. About 1/5th of the times when I opperate this window by pulling up the window, the window rolls up exactly halfway and quickly rolls back down and we go at it for a good couple of rounds. This also occured to the rear left window. However, it was when the engine was off and the window just would not stay closed! Once it became in contact with the door's frame it rolled back down so I had to turn the car on and off couple of times to make it stop.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Should I take it to the dealership and have them check it out?
Old 11-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

I already know wht the prolem with my car that is not yet here is going to be. One of my only requirements on a new car was power windows. I do not have them on my current car and I am the only one in the physcicia's parkinglot who has to manually roll down the windows to use my pass card. I had power windows on a grand prix a few years ago and the drivers window made the loudest scratching sound when opening and opened slowly. 5 trips to the dealer and was never fixed in 4 years. I was so embarassed that I had to open to the dorr to get in the parking lot. So, I already know that the power drivers window will not work correctly. Oh, well.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by arDi' post='196101' date='Nov 10 2005, 03:02 AM

I would try re-initializing the auto up/down or anti-trap function. There is a thread around here somewhere on how to do this, it is a very easy process. If I remember correctly you open the window all the way and hold down the button for 5 seconds , then raise the window all the way and again hold on for 5 seconds.

I did it on my 2004 E60 a few months ago and everything has worked fine since. Do a search for "Anti-Trap"
or I am sure that someone will post the link
Old 11-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Alpine White/Beige Dakota Leather, Steptronic Automatic, Premium Package, Active Steering, Xenon Adaptive Headlights with Dynamic Auto-Leveling Production On 05/2005 Purchased On 07/2005

Originally Posted by gabman' post='196138

I would try re-initializing the auto up/down or anti-trap function. There is a thread around here somewhere on how to do this, it is a very easy process. If I remember correctly you open the window all the way and hold down the button for 5 seconds , then raise the window all the way and again hold on for 5 seconds.

I did it on my 2004 E60 a few months ago and everything has worked fine since. Do a search for "Anti-Trap"
or I am sure that someone will post the link
[/quote]

Will do, thanks.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by gabman' post='196138' date='Nov 10 2005, 07:46 AM
I am sure that someone will post the link
Like this?:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&showtop...ndpost&p=122764
Old 11-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='196249
Like this?:
[/quote]

WTG Rudy, I knew one of you guys would get the hint. Thanks!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

Not sure what that link has to do with the window anti-trap - it seems to be about a 12V power supply not working - at least that's where it is taking me.

Anyway, this has been discussed a lot as it is a common problem with seemingly multiple solutions. If my car was out of warranty I probably would have tried the re-initialization routine but I just took it in and the whole winder and control module was replaced. No problems for almost 1 year now.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='196249
Like this?:
[/quote]

Wow, Rudy, you must know how to use the search function.

Could you also tell me how to connect my iPod to the car, what your favorite wax is (keep it clean, now ), or how to tell the CIP version in my car...

Sorry...couldn't control myself...just seems like there's been so many multiple posts lately...

Here's a good post for some to read...

posting and you
Old 11-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Members

My Ride: NEW: 2008 535xit, VIP Modular Wheels, KW V3, Prior Design Bodykit, Rotora 12 piston brakes. Custom paint by Platinum VIP. and more to come. OLD: 2004 Jet Black 530i, 20" Iforged Sprints, Rear reflectors, Xenon interior, H&R Springs, Premium Package, Xenon Adaptive headlights

I had the same problem went to the dealer and had them replace the driver side window motor. You should try that cuz everything is still under warranty. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Windows acting weird