E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window anti trap error! AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 01:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I went to my dealer on thursday and left the car there for a day for a cip upgrade. It should have solved the problem i had with window anti-trap error (message that appeared on the instrument cluster also). Anyway he had no ideea what cip version they had and after i got the car back he told me that the problem was fixed.
Of course i firstly went to see if there are any changes in my I drive. And guess not there where ABSOLUTLEY none. The euqailzer was on the same settings i left, same as for the climate, same as for the radio stations. Nothing was changed. The error didn't come on when i started the engine.

BUT

last night i tryed to park my car outside of a bar and tryed to lock the car by remote and close the windows also by remote. Guess what? It did it again, but this time it wouldn't want to go up. I tryed at least 5 times by remote, then got in the car again, and tryed manually by button for at least 15-20 times. I said OMG i may have to go home cuz obsiusly i can't leave my car here with the window open. The window just kept going up almost till half of way and then got back again. I even tryed the teach technique (press the button all the way down and hold it there for 10-15 seconds). Nothing worked till finally after 20-30 tryes it managed to pass the back point and went up.

I don't know what to do now. I was a bit surprised that my dealer told me that the software could fix it. Yeah it did, it erased the error message but that's all it did.
Not sure i've got a software update after all!!! Anyway i was thinking to go again to the dealer and tell the issue. I hate in a way to leave my car there because we don't get a loaner over here .

What would you suggest?
Please assist!
Thank you.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:16 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 525iA Build 2004/08. "Safirschwartz Metallic". Navi Pro, Adaptive Headlights, Bi-Xenon, Panorama Sunroof etc... CIP 18.00.01 (No noticed bug)

What wersion did they upgrade from and what to?. When I upgraded from 12 (something) to 18.1, I had to key in all the parameters again. Radio stations and address book for navigation were reset & empty.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stafli' date='Sep 11 2005, 06:16 AM
What wersion did they upgrade from and what to?. When I upgraded from 12 (something) to 18.1, I had to key in all the parameters again. Radio stations and address book for navigation were reset & empty.
[snapback]169368[/snapback]
That's the whole thing...the dealer doesn't know what software version it has. Neither do i know what software my car has. The dealer assured me that desipe he doesn't know what software they recently have, the problem would be fixed. It's a shi**y dealer and this one should be the best in my country.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:21 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 545i, 2004. Alpine white, ventilated seats, confort seats, bluetooth, HI-FI Audio, Electrical Rear Blinds, manual Side blinds, Sport Package, Confort Glass,Active steering, Business Navigation

Hi There,

I had the same problem like 1 month back, but my window (Front Passenger side) stops when i push the automatic button all the way back to close automaticly. whenever i move my finger it stops. with a msg on he idrive (widow trap or anti trap i dont quite remember)

i took it to the dealer and he fixed it but from the button itself and not by software upgrade it took him like 15mints. he then plug like a pc screen under the stearing wheel (over the front hood opener) and he started checking stuff...

i asked him about the software version, he took it to another place where i could not see him (not allowed inside) and came back to me saying that it needs 3 hrs to make a software upgrade

what i mean to say, your dealer mayhave fixed it localy from the button and not by a software upgarde

regards
Old 09-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Contributors

Funny you brought this up. Had my e60 in for a servive, brakes, oil and a software upgrade. Like you my passenger window was acting up. The dealer replaced the window motor and window guide. Picked up my car a week ago and wouldn't you know it the passenger window is acting up AGAIN!! You'd think between replacing the motor, guide and software update the problem would have been taken care of!! One other thing, the dealer said he updated my software to 18.1 but when I picked up my car my radio presets were intact. Is this typical? Thanks
Old 09-11-2005, 07:35 AM
Contributors

Hey BMW, I don't believe it's a SOFTWARE FIX, I'm running 18.00.01 and still had the Anti Trap error on Passenger front window.

My dealer Repaired it ( so far so good ) with Service Measure # 5121204
Which replaces the Window Drive Motor P/N - 1 67 62 6 922 268.

DR.Z
Old 09-11-2005, 07:44 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by DR.Z' date='Sep 11 2005, 08:35 AM
Hey BMW, I don't believe it's a SOFTWARE FIX, I'm running 18.00.01 and still had the Anti Trap error on Passenger front window.

Which replaces the Window Drive Motor? P/N - 1 67 62 6 922 268.

DR.Z
[snapback]169414[/snapback]
Same here--they replaced the front passenger window drive (sam part# as above) and it fixed it. Now the drivers window is doing the same thing...
Old 09-11-2005, 07:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DR.Z' date='Sep 11 2005, 10:35 AM

Which replaces the Window Drive Motor? P/N - 1 67 62 6 922 268.

DR.Z
[snapback]169414[/snapback]
My dealer replaced the motor as well but the problem is back. HELP!!!!
Old 09-11-2005, 08:33 AM
Senior Members

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Ok it's quite not funny anymore! So most of us tryed all the methods, even replacing the "hardware" parts of the window drive. WOW!!!!
Some of us tryed the software repair, other tryed the repair by teaching technique!

Ok so is there a real cure? Cuz if it is not i may just learn to live with it and not spend countless hours at the dealership wondering what they are doing to the car, fiddling all over the car!
Old 09-11-2005, 08:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ScorpioBMW1' date='Sep 11 2005, 10:29 AM
Funny you brought this up. Had my e60 in for a servive, brakes, oil and a software upgrade. Like you my passenger window was acting up. The dealer replaced the window motor and window guide. Picked up my car a week ago and wouldn't you know it the passenger window is acting up AGAIN!! You'd think between replacing the motor, guide and software update the problem would have been taken care of!! One other thing, the dealer said he updated my software to 18.1 but when I picked up my car my radio presets were intact. Is this typical? Thanks
[snapback]169412[/snapback]
I don't think it is typical because from what i've read over the forum the software updating proccess erases all the settings you've made.

Quick Reply: Window anti trap error! AGAIN