E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

wind screen washers

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 07:04 PM

It smells nice and can be addictive cause it's alcohol based!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i, SMG, Silver Grey, Black leather w/anthracite trim, Premium, Sport, Cold, Rear Fold Down Seats, Rear Seat Heating, Xenons. Mods: 545i chrome grill, Euro Red Reflectors and 20% window tint. Coming Soon: Dual LCD monitors w/DVD and Subwoofer install.

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Jan 9 2005, 10:04 PM
It smells nice and can be addictive cause it's alcohol based!!!
[snapback]77653[/snapback]
I only had that smell on the original fluid from the factory each time I bought a new BMW. My dealer uses something else that doesn't smell. I'd love to find the original stuff. I love that smell. If anyone can tell me where to find it, let me know.

Plus, it's clear and no blue residue. The BMW brand stuff from my parts department is blue and requires a water mix.

Matt
Old 01-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by buddy' date='Jan 9 2005, 08:47 PM
Hormazd, can you explain what you mean i mean i know how to adjust the idrive? menue and her settings are exactly like mine because i set them up, but hers still works different she has heat from the upper vents and i dont.? Unless i am missing something
[snapback]77645[/snapback]
The picture below is from the 04 manual so its old. Later versions do not have the auto checks at the bottom.
wind screen washers-2004manual_5series_page_095_image_0003.jpg
You see the bars between the + and -. Those are either red or blue or one white bar. When blue the body of the man image also turns blue, when red the body turns red. My guess is that your wifes key has several red bars and your key has one white bar.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jan 9 2005, 09:06 AM
I absolutely love that smell!? What brand did you buy at Pepboys?
[snapback]77403[/snapback]

Same here, i love the smell but the one I use from the dealer.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Hormadz thanks for the pic , but that is not the case i kinda thought that was where you were going we both have them turned up all red. As i stated i set them up exctly the same we both like heat in our faces and hands. The only differances in our settings are the radio presets and the actual seating position. Cant figure this one out.

Any of ther sugestions fire away
Old 01-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Originally Posted by buddy' date='Jan 10 2005, 12:40 PM
Hormadz thanks for the pic , but that is not the case i kinda thought that was where you were going we both have them turned up all red.? As i stated i set them up exctly the same we both like heat in our faces and hands.? The only differances in our settings are the radio presets and the actual seating position.? Cant figure this one out.

[snapback]77767[/snapback]

This came up in another thread a while back. Even when you are in manual climate control mode, the car makes changes to your settings. To witness this, manuall set everthing where you want it, including temperature, fan speed, and iDrive distribution. leave the iDrive cliemat control screen up. Now adjust the temperature. The car will automatically change the distribution settings. It cannot be completely user controlled.

Thus, if you set up everhting just the way you like it, and then raise or lower the temp manually, it will readjust the distribution. This may be what you haveexperinced. I find it objectionable, but the vast majority of members all stated they love the auto mode and use that mostly.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:45 AM

I love the smell - propylene glycol.

I think our 'air intake' must be near the bottom of the windshield on the e60, because the smell comes on strong and instantly when you hit the washers.

My wife hates the smell though. She thought something went wrong with the system!
Old 01-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by buddy' date='Jan 10 2005, 10:40 AM
Hormadz thanks for the pic , but that is not the case i kinda thought that was where you were going we both have them turned up all red.? As i stated i set them up exctly the same we both like heat in our faces and hands.? The only differances in our settings are the radio presets and the actual seating position.? Cant figure this one out.

[snapback]77767[/snapback]
Sorry then, I'm out of ideas. Did you get a software update recently and which key dod the dealer have when it happened. That could be the issue.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Thanks guy no recent upgrades, and when they set up the key memory they had mine which is the master. I really do not like the system in the state that it is in but guess we will have to live with it .
Old 01-10-2005, 04:08 PM

my fluid smell like vodka. love the smell but would hate to be pulled over after cleaning my windshield

Quick Reply: wind screen washers