E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

wind screen washers

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005 | 05:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Has anyone else noticed, that when you clean the windscreen that the smell of the washer fluid permeates the car. i would think that with the micro filters and auto vent thingy that the smell would not enter the cabin. My wife always complains when i clean the windows, she hates the smell just a little inconvienance with her i am really use to the smell now. I thought it was the BMW brand of fluid but after a refill of the pepboys stuff same smell.
Old 01-09-2005 | 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I absolutely love that smell! What brand did you buy at Pepboys?
Old 01-09-2005 | 06:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Grey 545i, Steptronic, Black Leather, Poplar Trim, Sport Package, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Nav, PDC, Cold Weather Package, Sun Shades, X-pel clear bra

I agree, I love that smell too! I buy them BMW washer fluid not only because it works well, but because it smells good too!

Buddy, if you keep using the non BMW fluid, the smell will go away after the BMW fluid is completely flushed out. I noticed on my prior e39, it takes some time.
Old 01-09-2005 | 06:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Mine has some lemon additive to it... smells good actually.
Old 01-09-2005 | 08:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Yeah! I keep spraying what a HI
Old 01-09-2005 | 08:20 AM
Contributors

I guess I am the only one yet to smell the stuff. Europes stuff is stronger too.
Old 01-09-2005 | 08:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

The previous generation 5 (E39) had 2 fluid resevoirs and two seperate spray options: regular and "super." Forthe super, you filled the resevoir with a highly concentrated fluid - which workedwell when the temperatures were very low. Now that stuuf had a smell!

Why they did away with this feature on the E60 I do not know. I liked it, like the third memory settings for the seat - now done to two.
Old 01-09-2005 | 03:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an

Oh guys i love the smell but my wifey hates it, so i have to ride with dirty windows when she is in the car but i just wonder why the micro filters dont filter it out. Not sure which brand it was at the pep boys that i brought but it was all but gone when i refilled it. Used the whole bottle to refill unless unbeknowing to me the dealership refilled it again.

Also i wrote about the lack of heat from the upper vents and it was agreed that it was a design that BMW made but yesterday my wife was driving useing her key and the upper vents were blowing so much heat that i had to turn them down, that is how i like it. But when i tried with my key it was luke warm at the most even on manual and on auto what is up with that?
Old 01-09-2005 | 04:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by buddy' date='Jan 9 2005, 05:10 PM
Oh guys i love the smell but my wifey hates it, so i have to ride with dirty windows when she is in the car but i just wonder why the micro filters dont filter it out.? Not sure which brand it was at the pep boys that i brought but it was all but gone when i refilled it.? Used the whole bottle to refill unless unbeknowing to me the dealership refilled it again.

Also i wrote about the lack of heat from the upper vents and it was agreed that it was a design that BMW made but yesterday my wife was driving useing her key and the upper vents were blowing so much heat that i had to turn them down, that is how i like it.? But when i tried with my key it was luke warm at the most even on manual and on auto what is up with that?
[snapback]77609[/snapback]
Its a setting in the Climate controls in I-drive which is key dependent.
Old 01-09-2005 | 06:47 PM
Senior Members

Hormazd, can you explain what you mean i mean i know how to adjust the idrive menue and her settings are exactly like mine because i set them up, but hers still works different she has heat from the upper vents and i dont. Unless i am missing something

Quick Reply: wind screen washers