E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Why PDC stays on (and beeping..) after automatic transmission engaged to position P? The car comes to a stand still it's obvious, isn't it? It should have automatically turned itself off, no? Or, maybe, PDC is there to help you also notice someone (or something) is coming towards you as you make final preparations to leaving your car so you can miraculously escape, Mr. Bond.. (?). Strange anyway.
Mine turns off

[/quote]
2. Why didn't they put the engine temp/oil/pressure data somewhere?

It's a minimalist interior design
3. What do I need the (stupid) energy control for? I did bought a car with the white/blue circle and three nice letters, didn't I? If I was so worried about fuel, I'd have probably gone to see my therapist before going to BMW. That way, I could have been buying a nice, fast, fully loaded, less fuel lover Russian car instead. Ha, I didn't..

If you mean the fuel consumption gauge then you need to understand that this is an historic part of the BMW brand. I have had this in every one of my BMW cars and it is unique to the brand.
4. Isn't it time to change the fuel gauge to something more accurate that looks and feels more to the car's standard?

Don't know what you mean - the gauge seems fine to me and the range indicator is as accurate as anyone needs to get
5. Why not indicate which of the wheels is indeed the flat one? BMW must know that cars, in general, do have four of those, right?[quote]

I think this is a fair comment and a weakness given the run flat tyres. My advice is get proper tyres then it's easy to spot a flat and a lot more fun the rest of the time